A Stationary Bike with Preset Programs & 40-Pound Flywheel
The Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer combines the brand's heaviest flywheel with preset programs and heart rate controlled workouts. This sturdy bike supports vigorous and efficient workouts for beginners through advanced cyclists.
Why train in the rain? The Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer provides great indoor rides. This trainer is sized for home use, yet it’s just as powerful as the spin bikes / indoor cycles at many commercial gyms. The latest version of the Diamondback 910Ic indoor cycle has a 40-pound flywheel, 32 resistance levels and 18 workout modes. Four of the workout programs are controlled by wireless heart rate data.
The Diamondback 910Ic has a sticker price of $999 with shipping included. It runs on rider-generated power; no plug is required and it won’t add to electricity bills. Here are details about this cycle trainer’s various features.
- Quiet Operation: Diamondback Fitness uses magnetic drives on all its bikes. With virtually no friction, the 910Ic is whisper-quiet.
- Sturdy Frame: This trainer has a heavy steel frame. Its maximum capacity is 325 pounds.
- Self-Generating Power: The “green power” feature is a smart choice for long-term thinkers. The savings could be significant for people who use this bike often. However, keep in mind that the computer has a short memory — so if you stop pedaling, your exercise data will soon disappear!
- Exercise Data: The workout data include speed, distance, elapsed time, watts, cadence, calories burned and heart rate.
- Interactive Heart Rate Monitoring: The Diamondback 910Ic has a wireless heart rate receiver. Heart rate data can be used to control the bike’s resistance.
- Preset Fitness Programs: The console has 18 programs. These include manual mode, twelve standard preset programs, four heart rate controlled programs, and a custom user-defined program.
- 32 Resistance Levels: This trainer offers a very good range of challenge levels. It’s also designed to operate at different RPMs in a way that mimics the sensation of riding up and down hills. Resistance can be changed digitally or manually.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle cage is attached to the bike frame.
- Accessory Tray: A tray is included to hold an MP3 player and other small items.
- Adjustable: The handlebars and seats can be micro-adjusted for different body types. The handlebars are also designed to provide different sorts of workouts, helping a rider focus on different muscle groups depending on how the bars are positioned.
- Unique Resistance Control: Riders can choose between automated resistance and adjusting resistance with a knob.
- Wheels: For easy transport, the Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer has wheels affixed to its frame.
- High Capacity: The 910Ic has a maximum user weight capacity of 325 pounds.
Here are some potential drawbacks of buying the Diamondback 910Ic.
- Getting Repairs: When customers receive faulty machines, customer service from Diamondback seems to be inconsistent. In some reviews it is stellar. In others it’s disappointing.
- Console Power: As mentioned above, the console is supported by user power. This eliminates energy costs but has a drawback: Exercise data could quickly disappear if the trainee briefly stops pedaling.
- Warranty: The bike is sold with limited lifetime coverage on the frame and brake, two years for parts and electronics, and a year of labor. The parts/electronics warranty isn’t such a good deal if you pay the full $999 — and the wear parts are only covered for 90 days.
Who Should Ride the Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer?
The Bottom Line
Could this be considered a top exercise bike pick? All in all, the Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer is a good contender in its price class. It’s primarily a spin bike targeted to serious outdoor cyclists for when they can’t get outside — but it’s also designed to support first-time spinners. Programming is included for a variety of workout types.
Older productions of this bike have different specs than those outlined above. The older bikes weren’t as well engineered as the Diamondback 910Ic bikes in this review.
Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer Specs:
|Resistance:||32 Resistance Levels|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||42" L x 23" W x 46" H|