A High-End Spin Bike with Fore & Aft Handlebars
The Keiser M3+ Indoor Cycle is built especially for spinners. It has light to powerful computerized tension and allows for a variety of handlebar grip positions. This well-made bike is comfortable for a wide range of body sizes and skill levels.
The Keiser M3+ Indoor Cycle is a commercial-quality spin bike. This popular bike has a compact ride providing 24 levels of smooth magnetic resistance. Other highlights include Shimano Combo pedals, wireless heart rate monitoring and good variety in terms of handlebar placement. The “Plus” indicates the presence of fore and aft handlebars, which are absent on the standard Keiser M3.
The Keiser M3 Plus has an online price of about $1,895. That includes a 10-year frame warranty and three-year parts/electronics warranty. Part by part, here’s our review of the Keiser M3 Plus Indoor Cycle.
- Feels Like a Road Bike: In terms of resistance, the Keiser M3 Plus helps reproduce the sensation of riding outdoors. Riders can feel as if they are actually riding uphill and switching through gears.
- Fore and Aft Handlebars: The handlebars are shaped like ovals and let riders choose from many grips. This helps the Keiser M3 Plus accommodate more rider heights compared with the standard Keiser M3.
- Wide Range of Resistance: The digital resistance is well calibrated and powerful enough for most riders. There are 24 tensions levels ranging from light to very strong.
- Quiet Operation: For quiet operation the Keiser M3 Plus Indoor Cycle uses eddy current resistance. Magnet-based technology helps create a virtually silent and maintenance-free machine.
- Comfortable Adjustable Seat: The cushioned saddle adjusts vertically and horizontally. It is interchangeable with saddles on standard street bikes.
- Workout Data: This spin bike is available with a choice of three data consoles. First, the simplest console is the Keiser M Series Computer. It shows resistance, time, distance, RPM and watts/kcal. It also has an odometer. This computer uses ambient-sensitive backlighting. The two more advanced consoles are the Standard and the Power. They allow for more feedback and data tracking.
- SPD Combo Pedals: Catering to serious bikers, the Keiser M3 Plus Indoor Cycle has Shimano Combo pedals. These are standard on one side and compatible with cycling shoes on the other.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor: The three data consoles can all show pulse data with a Polar receiver. However, the wireless chest strap is sold separately.
- No Electrical Outlet Required: There’s no power cord to deal with; Keiser data consoles are powered by D batteries.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle holder is integrated with the bike.
- Compact Size: The Keiser M3 Plus Indoor Cycle Trainer has a small footprint. It measures about 25″ wide x 48″ long.
- Easy to Move: This bike weighs 125 pounds but is easy to move. Transport wheels are attached to the front.
- Easy Assembly: Most customers find that this bike is straightforward to assemble.
- Warranty: Keiser’s bike warranty provides ten years of frame protection, three years of parts and electronics protection, and six months on wear parts such as the upholstery.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight is 300 pounds.
The Keiser M3 Plus gets overwhelmingly positive customer reviews. Still, here are some possible drawbacks of choosing this indoor cycle.
- No Preset Programs: Like most indoor cycle trainers, this bike doesn’t have preset programs. The RPMs and resistance are completely controlled by the rider.
- Odd Odometer: Keiser’s odometer uses a unique system of measurement. Instead of marking miles or kilometers, it advances for every 200 revolutions.
- Higher Price: Keiser exercise bikes cost more than typical stationary bikes.
Who Should Ride the Keiser M3 Plus Indoor Cycle?
The Bottom Line
The Keiser M3 Plus Indoor Cycle is a top choice for people seeking commercial-quality spin bikes. This durable ride is engineered to be virtually maintenance-free and to last for many years.
Keiser M3 Plus Indoor Cycle Specs:
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||49" L x 26" W x 45" H|