A High Quality Spin Bike for Total Body Training
Popular at fitness clubs and for home gyms, the Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer is an upright bike with moving arm bars. Its excellent range of resistance caters to people at virtually all fitness levels. This machine is available with customized coloring for the upholstery and frame.
The Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer is a special spin bike for full body workouts. Just like the Keiser M3 Upright Bike, it lets riders pedal upright with smooth magnetic resistance. Additionally the M3 Total Body Trainer has moving arm bars that can be used while foot pedaling or alone.
Keiser exercise bikes are featured in pro gyms, yet they’re compact enough for residential use. The high quality M3 includes wireless heart rate monitoring and Shimano pedals. With a wide range of resistance levels, it is approved by everyone from beginners to very experienced spinners.
This ride can be customized in terms of paint colors and upholstery colors. Its online price of about $1850 includes a limited three-year parts warranty. Part by part, here’s our review of the Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer.
- Full Body Workouts: The two-in-one nature of this fitness machine is a great selling point. Besides being a stationary bike, the Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer has movable handlebars to add more cardio intensity and tone the arms, chest, shoulders and back.
- Just the Arms: Sometimes you’ll want to exercise just the upper body. For these workout sessions, foot rests are provided.
- Range of Resistance: Riders are very pleased with the resistance. Computerized adjustments offer 24 tensions levels ranging from light to very powerful.
- Quiet Operation: The Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer uses magnetic resistance for a smooth and quiet ride.
- Comfortable Adjustable Seat: The seat adjusts vertically and horizontally to fit most adults.
- Sturdy Build: The Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer is built from steel and aluminum. It is well-made and unlikely to break down.
- Workout Data: The Keiser M Series Computer is a simple unit showing resistance, time, distance, RPM and watts. It also has an odometer for long-term tracking. More advanced consoles are available too, letting riders save and download information about each workout session. The Standard console has two windows and the Power console has five windows.
- SPD Pedals: The M3 Total Body Trainer gets flippable pedals. One side is standard and the other is Shimano (designed for special biking shoes).
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor: The basic and advanced data consoles can show heart rate data. Compatible chest straps are sold separately.
- No Electrical Outlet Required: This machine’s data consoles are battery powered, so there’s no cord.
- Compact Size: The Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer doesn’t demand much space. It is 52″ tall and has a 48″ x 29″ footprint.
- Assembly: This machine is straightforward to build. Expect to spend about an hour or less.
- Water Bottle Holder: Described as a “gravity based water bottle holder,” this convenient drink holder works without a cage.
- Warranty: New owners get 10 years of frame protection and three years of parts protection.
This total body trainer gets mostly positive customer reviews. Still, here are some possible drawbacks of choosing the Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer.
- No Preset Programs: Preset rides would be appreciated by most trainees. The Total Body Trainer shows session data but does not have preset programs.
- Handlebars Don’t Adjust: The handlebars are not adjustable. Some riders find the handlebar positioning to be uncomfortable. (Keiser does use adjustable handlebars on their M3 and M3+ Upright Cycle Trainer.)
- Higher Price: Keiser bikes and total body trainers cost more than the average stationary bike for home use. They are durable enough for commercial gyms.
Who Should Ride the Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer?
The Bottom Line
The multipurpose Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer offers aerobic training and muscle toning for the whole body. It costs more than a typical stationary bike, but the M3 Total Body Trainer helps accomplish more than other bikes do — and it’s likely to support full-body exercise for many years.
Keiser M3 Total Body Trainer Specs:
|Resistance:||24 Resistance Levels|
|Dimensions:||52" L x 29" W x 48" H|