A High-End Upright Exercise Bike with iPad Integration
The LifeSpan C7000i Commercial Upright Bike is a durable fitness machine with ample programming. Warranties are available for commercial and home settings. The bike's key features are green power, a 20-pound drive, and advanced data management.
The durable C7000i Commercial Bike is LifeSpan’s top upright stationary bike for the 2015 model year. This tech-connected bike can support workouts for up to 9/hours a day — yet with renewable energy, it won’t add a penny to your electricity bill!
The C7000i has a 20-pound flywheel and 16 resistance levels. This makes it suitable for weight loss, cardio training and light to moderate strength training. Exercise data are shown on a console with a colorful racetrack animation. iPad integration is available for advanced fitness tracking and goal-setting.
The C7000i is made to commercial gym standards. If used at home, it has an extra-long parts warranty. With an online discount the LifeSpan C7000i normally sells for $1799, shipping included. Here are pros and cons of investing in this product.
- Sturdy Frame: Although this bike is compact, it has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Console with Fitness Programs: This machine includes two heart rate control programs, room for two user-designed routines, and 17 workout programs grouped into goal categories (weight loss, healthy living and sports training). These programs can be used with 16 resistance levels. Progress is shown on a colorful graphic of an outdoor racetrack.
- Media Holder: A narrow shelf can prop up digital or old-fashioned media.
- Exercise Data: A membership to the online LifeSpan Club is included with each bike. LifeSpan Club can take exercise data from the bike’s USB drive or be wirelessly synced with an iPad. The data shown online are more detailed than what you’d normally get from a fitness machine. A trainee can graph their heart rate information and other data, compare workout data with AHA guidelines, manage a workout calendar, participate on teams, and more.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The LifeSpan C7000i Commercial Bike includes contact grips and a wireless heart rate receiver. A chest strap (sold separately) is required for the wireless reading, which is most accurate and convenient.
- Pedals: Oversized and self-balancing, the pedals on the C7000i will accept just about any shoe size. A three-piece crank is used, allowing for customization.
- Adjustable Seat: Choose from 18 seat positions. The plush bike seat can be adjusted to fit most users 5′ to 6’8″ tall.
- Adjustable Handlebars: Handlebars on the C7000i are multi-positional and have molded grips for comfort. Grip pulse technology is built in.
- Self-Generating Power: Save on energy costs by choosing the LifeSpan C7000i Commercial Upright Bike. This machine makes the most of users’ energy, converting it to power the console. The bike can also charge devices connected to the USB port.
- Footprint: The LifeSpan C7000i is a compact fitness machine. It has a footprint of just 40″ x 28″.
- Warranty: The discount price of $1799 (MSRP $2299) includes a choice of two standard warranties, which are about average for the industry in terms of cost per year. For residential use, the frame has a lifetime guarantee. All parts and electronics are under warranty for five years, and labor is provided during the first two years of ownership. For commercial use, defined as up to nine hours per day, the frame has a 10-year guarantee. The parts and electronics are under warranty for two years. Labor is provided for one year.
Why isn’t this bike for everyone? Here are some possible drawbacks of the LifeSpan C7000i.
- 20-Pound Flywheel: For some riders, the highest resistance levels won’t take very long to master. This is not a bike for advanced strength training, nor for competitive bikers.
- No Entertainment: There isn’t any entertainment included with this machine (e.g., a web browser or iPod port). The shelf for electronics is a nice touch, but it would be even better if it held a tablet computer at eye level.
- No Cooling Fan: To help people keep cool, some other brands build fans into their consoles.
Who Should Ride the LifeSpan C7000i?
The Bottom Line
The LifeSpan C7000i Commercial Upright Stationary Bike is a durable fitness machine with ample programming. In just about any commercial gym, it would get plenty of use.
In residential and light commercial settings, this product would also do well — but it seems a bit pricey for these less demanding environments. If cost is a concern, then a stationary bike to see for comparison is the Sole LCB Light Commercial. The Sole LCB costs less than the LifeSpan C7000i Commercial Upright, but it sports a 30-pound drive and has a sound system for MP3 players.
LifeSpan C7000i Commercial Upright Bike Specs:
|Resistance:||16 Resistance Levels|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||40" L x 28" W x 58" H|