The NordicTrack Grand Tour Pro is an exciting “not-so-stationary” stationary bike. Able to tilt upward and downward by up to 10 degrees, this dynamic trainer supports the feel of pedaling over varied landscapes. It arrives preloaded with nearly three dozen standard workouts, plus with WiFi the Grand Tour Pro can download an infinite number of Google Maps workouts with interactive street views (iFit membership required). A 10-inch color touchscreen serves as the workout display and also lets you browse the web. You can add your tablet computer or MP3 player for extra motivation, helping to extend your workout time.
The Grand Tour Pro bike is the leader of two models in the NordicTrack Grand Tour Series. Compared with the original Grand Tour bike, it has a wider touch screen display (10 inches instead of seven). It also has a slightly higher load limit (375 pounds versus 350). Even so, the Grand Tour Pro bike needs even less floor space. Dimensions for this model are 57.5″ L x 23.5″ W x 62″ H.
Other specs for the Pro model: 16 pounds of maximum drive resistance; 26 digital resistance settings; adjustable handlebars and seat position; 35 built-in workout apps; an iFit Coach enabled console; and a set of five-pound dumbbells for upper-body toning during indoor bike rides. Both stationary bikes in this series support wireless heart rate monitoring too, although the compatible chest straps are sold separately.
The factory-direct sale price for the Grand Tour Pro includes delivery in the contiguous 48 states plus an attractive warranty: lifetime for the frame, five years for the moving parts & electronics, and two years for labor. A 30-day money-back guarantee applies to all NordicTrack exercise bikes as well.
- Power Incline & Decline: All NordicTrack Grand Tour exercise bikes have maximum inclines and declines of 10 degrees. By just pressing a button you can intensify the challenge with an uphill ride or get the sensation of pedaling downhill.
- 26 Resistance Levels: This bike has 26 levels of resistance with the maximum being equivalent to 16 pounds. With the challenge increasingly only slightly from one level to the next, you’ll find it easier to advance from one level to the next.
- 10″ Web-Enabled Display: The Grand Tour Pro bike has the biggest screen in its series, giving a generous 10″-wide view of workouts and the web. The touch screen gives access to nearly three dozen built-in workouts and supports all iFit features too, including HD video workouts, Google Maps workouts and lots more.
- Adjustable Tablet Holder: In addition to having its own web-enabled touchscreen, each Grand Tour exercise bike has an adjustable shelf for a tablet computer. This way you can use the bike’s own touch screen to show a workout, and you can use your tablet to run an app for music or video.
- 35 Built-In Workouts: Professionally designed workouts are built into the Grand Tour Pro console. Choose from routines focused on heart rate, calorie burn, incline, speed or intensity. Programs can draw from 26 resistance levels.
- iFit Coach Enabled: Grand Tour bikes are enabled for iFit Coach, a popular fitness platform for NordicTrack and its sister companies. This system is best known for working with Google Maps, which lets you virtually experience the topography and scenery captured by Google’s Street View team. Also included with membership is access to exercise programs in other formats such as HD video. iFit Coach is a comprehensive trainer too; it gives the option of tracking your daily steps, making menu suggestions and much more.
- Hand weights: A set of five-pound dumbbells is included to support cross training for the whole body.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: Grand Tour Series bikes are compatible with Bluetooth chest straps (sold separately) for continuous wireless heart rate monitoring.
- Two-Speed Fan: A two-speed CoolAire fan is built into the bike console. Convenient console buttons let you adjust the speed as you ride.
- Water Bottle Holders: Two water bottle holders are stored behind the saddle
- High Capacity: The user weight limit is 375 pounds.
- Small Size: NordicTrack’s Grand Tour Pro is an especially compact bike. The dimensions are 57.5″ L x 23.5″ W x 62″ H.
- Warranty: The warranty is customer-friendly for the Pro’s $1,399 sale price. It provides lifetime coverage for the bike frame, five years for moving parts and electronics, and two years for labor.
- 16-Pound Effective Flywheel: Both the Grand Tour and Grand Tour Pro bikes have resistance equivalents of 16-pound flywheels. That’s light for the price class, so unless you use the incline, you might be disappointed by the challenge.
- Customer Service: Judging from customer reviews of NordicTrack in general, customer service is often slow when replacement parts are needed. This particular model though is likely to hold up through its warranty period.
Who Should Choose the NordicTrack Grand Tour Pro Bike?
Bikes in this series can be good tools for calorie burn, cardio training and light toning. The maximum resistance from the drive alone isn’t powerful enough for advanced training. For the best strength training results, a rider needs to use the incline.
The Bottom Line
The Grand Tour Pro bike isn’t truly for “pro” cyclists, but it can be a great addition to the typical household gym. This cardio trainer is adjustable to fit family members of many sizes, and it’s fun to use with wide-screen views and power incline/decline. The diversity of programming and digital media support can help keep all sorts of trainees motivated to exercise. Considering the five-year warranty on parts and electronics, and the bike’s fine reputation overall, it looks like a good value at the discount price.
NordicTrack Grand Tour Pro Bike Specs:
|Resistance:||26 Resistance Levels|
|Weight Capacity:||375 LBS|
|Dimensions:||57.5" L x 23.5" W x 62" H|