Stationary Bike with Touchscreen Web, 32 Programs & iFit
The GX 4.4 Pro Stationary Bike is a bring your own tablet exercise bike. It includes 28 workouts and can be used with iFit. Given its 19-pound drive, this machine can support great cardio workouts.
A full-color touchscreen draws attention to the NordicTrack GX 4.6 Pro stationary exercise bike. What’s inside the console? A web browser, 32 built-in workout apps and iFit wiring. Except for the touchscreen and browser though, this upright stationary bike is basically the higher-end of the GX 4.4 Pro. It has a 325-pound capacity and a 19-pound flywheel. The specs make it a top choice for people who care about the bells and whistles… but not so much for people seeking the sensation of a health club exercise bike.
The MSRP for the GX 4.6 Pro is $999. However, this product will frequently sell for a sale price of $799. The purchase price includes a lifetime warranty for the frame and brake, three years of parts protection and free labor during the first year. There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee on NordicTrack fitness machines as well, although customers still pay for shipping.
Here are pros and cons of buying the NordicTrack GX 4.6 Pro upright stationary bike.
- Web-Enabled Touchscreen: Cutting edge! The GX 4.6 Pro stationary bike has a 7″ touchscreen with web browser. Here it’s easy to start a workout, surf the web and monitor your data. The electronics are under warranty for three years.
- Computer Holder: Enjoy tech and more tech. Set your tablet computer on the integrated holder to benefit from your favorite fitness apps, send email or just watch YouTube during workouts. If you use this bike with your tablet computer, then you can stream iFit’s Google Street View on the console while watching a movie at eye level.
- 32 Built-In Workouts: What’s your fitness goal? This bike has 32 fitness programs designed for calorie burn, endurance and performance. Each can be used at 24 resistance levels.
- iFit: Get unlimited workout routines and other iFit benefits. An iFit subscription (not included) lets you download a new and personalized workout every day. It will also chart your fitness data. Best of all perhaps, iFit also lets you take the NordicTrack GX 4.6 Pro online and virtually bike anywhere mapped by Google Maps!
- Extra-Wide Pedals: Pedal width is an important part of a bike’s ergonomics. NordicTrack exercise bikes have extra-wide pedals so you can reposition your feet during workouts.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: Bluetooth technology can monitor your pulse and continuously send highly accurate data to the bike display. The required chest strap is sold separately, but this bike also has a CardioGrip monitoring system. Just squeeze the handlebars to get an estimate of your heart rate.
- Self-Adjusting Fan: Keep cool with the GX 4.6 Pro’s AutoBreeze fan. By default it will adjust in response to your speed. You can also adjust the fan manually.
- Water Bottle Holder: Hydration matters! A water bottle holder is built into the bike’s console.
- Transport Wheels: Move your bike into another room without breaking your back. Front transport wheels make it easy.
- High Capacity: The user weight limit is 325 pounds.
- Size: NordicTrack exercise bikes don’t take up too much space. Just like the GX 4.4 Pro, this unit has a footprint of 60″ x 24.8″.
- Warranty: The included warranty works out to a good deal whether you pay full price or the sale price. It provides lifetime protection for the bike frame and brake, three years for parts and one year of labor.
19-Pound Flywheel: A 19-pound flywheel is relatively light. A heavier flywheel would support more challenging workouts and make the product feel more like a “real” bike. If you aren’t likely to use the highest resistance levels, then you might not mind this shortcoming.
Who Should Use The NordicTrack GX 4.6 Pro Stationary Bike?
The Bottom Line
The NordicTrack GX 4.6 Pro upright stationary bike has lots of appeal for not-so-pro athletes. Its most obvious distinguishing feature is its web-enabled touchscreen; beyond that it’s almost interchangeable with the cheaper GX 4.4 Pro. Customers will like the program variety offered by 32 built-in routines and an iFit membership.
The NordicTrack GX 4.6 Pro isn’t really meant for “pro” training. That’s the domain of NordicTrack’s GX 3.0 Indoor Sport Cycle, which has a 44-pound flywheel. It’s a trade-off though; that unit doesn’t have comparable program variety or entertainment.
NordicTrack GX 4.6 Pro Specs:
|Resistance:||24 Resistance Levels|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||60" L x 24.8" W x 41.25" H|