An Indoor Bike with Built-In Google Maps Workouts
The ProForm TDF Pro 1.0 Indoor Cycle Trainer enhances the realism of a typical indoor bike by adding interactive Google Maps routes. It can train beginners through elite cyclists as they prepare for outdoor rides or just aim for calorie burn and physical fitness.
The ProForm TDF Pro 1.0 Indoor Cycle Trainer simulates outdoor riding with help from interactive Google Maps workouts. This bike can train beginners through elite cyclists as they prepare for outdoor rides or just aim for calorie burn and physical fitness.
ProForm TDF Indoor Cycle Trainers replicate outdoor riding experiences like no other exercise bikes can. To imitate the feel of road bikes, the new ProForm Tour de France 1.0 for 2016 has configurable gears, a freewheel clutch and a three-piece crank. It supports uphill and downhill training with an automated 15% incline and 15% decline, and its workout programs help make rides especially true to life. Built-in coaching programs facilitate interval training and use incline/decline settings from French tour segments. Additionally riders using the iFit app can get full-color interactive street views for Google Maps routes.
The TDF 1.0 is the most affordable bike in ProForm’s much-hyped Tour de France lineup. It could be the group’s best value unless you’d like an even wider incline/decline range and an advanced console. While its MSRP is $1,999, the TDF 1.0 now has a web price of $999 including delivery.
- Configurable Gears: Ready to match your road bike, the ProForm TDF 1.0 lets you customize its 26 electronic gears. Ride virtual peaks and valleys with the same sort of resistance and inertia you’d experience outside.
- Watts Display: The TDF 1.0 has ProForm’s Watts Display console. Calculating Watts per kilogram, it estimates your exertion to help you stay on track toward workout goals. Watts readouts are shown in three zones called Endurance, Tempo and Peak.
- Preset Workouts: Built into the console are 24 training programs with different challenge levels in terms of interval training and total time. As you ride, the bike adjusts to mimic the sense of traveling over different landscapes.
- iFit Enabled: An iFit enabled exercise bike like the TDF 1.0 can work with unlimited personal training programs when connected to a mobile device running the iFit app. A secure tablet holder is built into the bike’s console for a convenient view of iFit video workouts, personal training workouts and Google Maps workouts. Of course, you can also use the tablet to watch movies, surf the web and so forth during exercise.
- iPod Port: The console has an iPod-compatible port and speakers.
- Adjustable Saddle: The saddle can be moved up and down, forward and back to help each rider get a comfortable fit.
- Pedals with Cages and Straps: The pedals have toe cages and straps to provide extra stability during intense workouts.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 350 pounds.
- Water Bottle Holders: Two bottle holders are built into the new TDF 1.0 console for 2016.
- Easy to Move: Front-mounted wheels make this bike easy to reposition.
- Warranty: The ProForm TDF 1.0 for 2016 has a three-year parts warranty, which is a good match for the bike’s $999 sale price. The frame has lifetime coverage and labor expenses are free during the first year. Extended warranties are available.
- Negative Reviews for Earlier Models: In past years TDF Pro bikes have gotten some poor reviews for quality control. It looks as if ProForm has stepped up its game though; compared with the TDF 1.0 sold in 2015, the bike in this review has a much longer warranty on parts.
- Simple Workout Display: This bike works with iFit workouts on mobile devices but doesn’t support the best view on its own. Shoppers willing to spend more can choose the TDF 5.0 with 10″ color touchscreen.
- Heart Rate Monitor Sold Separately: The ProForm TDF 1.0 is compatible with Bluetooth SMART heart rate monitors, but no monitor is included with purchase.
WHO SHOULD BUY THE PROFORM TOUR DE FRANCE PRO 1.0 INDOOR CYCLE TRAINER?
The Bottom Line
The ProForm Tour de France Pro 1.0 Indoor Cycle Trainer offers smooth rides and is loaded with special features for training support and entertainment. Sold with a 30-day money-back guarantee, it’s a top ProForm deal at the $999 sale price.
ProForm Tour de France 1.0 Indoor Cycle Trainer Specs:
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||51" L x 15" W x 31" H|