A Durable Light Commercial Upright Exercise Bike
The Sole LCB Light Commercial Bike is a great basic for shared workout spaces and adds a bit of luxury to home gyms. With 10 program modes and 40 resistance levels, it can effectively train a wide range of people seeking to build strength, add muscle tone and lose weight.
The LCB Light Commercial Bike is Sole’s top stationary upright bike for light commercial fitness rooms and home gyms. Designed for comfort and a wide range of fitness levels, the Sole LCB has a gel-cushioned seat, 40 resistance levels and a smooth 30-pound drive. Workout data and 10 workout modes are accessed with an easy-to-read 9″ LCD.
This $1,299 model — formerly $1,799 — looks like a twin of the residential Sole B94 Upright Bike, but it’s more capable and durable. The Sole LCB Light Commercial Bike in this review offers an even smoother ride, provides a higher maximum resistance, and can handle daily use by multiple people. Plus, the LCB uses self-generated power; no power cord required.
Here are some pros and cons about the Sole LCB Light Commercial Bike’s features.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Sole indoor bike frames are virtually indestructible; all of the current models have lifetime warranties. The LCB Bike’s upright frame is built from about 100 pounds of steel tubing with an aluminum shroud. The whole machine weighs 132 pounds and has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Good Flywheel: The LCB Stationary Upright Bike has a 30-pound flywheel. This helps provides a smooth ride and a very good range of resistance for most home cyclists.
- Quiet Operation: Sole bikes operate quietly when properly assembled. The Sole LCB Bike Light Commercial uses magnetic resistance for a peaceful ride and product longevity.
- Heart Rate Monitors: The Sole LCB Light Commercial Bike includes contact and wireless heart rate monitoring options. The contact grips are located on the handlebars. A chest strap is included for the wireless telemetry.
- Built-In Programs: This machine has an easy-to-use 9″ program screen with guidance for a variety of training goals. The preset programs include two heart rate controlled workouts, Hill, Fat Burn, Strength, Interval and Cardio. There’s also a fitness test and space for two user-designed programs. Training programs can be used with 40 resistance levels.
- Pedals: Oversized and cushioned, the pedals on the LCB Bike are designed with comfort in mind. Plus, narrow spacing between pedals on all Sole exercise bikes promotes a healthy posture for workouts.
- High Capacity: This bike has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Adjustable Saddle: Choose from 12 positions! The gel-cushioned seat can be moved vertically and horizontally, plus it has an adjustable back. If you prefer a different seat though, this one can be swapped out with any standard road bike seat.
- Adjustable Handlebars: Handlebars on the LCB Stationary Upright Stationary Bike can be moved up and down, forward and backward for a personalized fit.
- Audio: A port and speakers for an iPod or other MP3 player are built into the console.
- Water Bottle Holder: The Sole LCB has an integrated water bottle holder.
- Cooling Fans: Workout fans are built into the console.
- Self-Generating Power: Save on energy costs by choosing the Sole LCB Bike Light Commercial. It generates power without pulling from the grid.
- Footprint: The Sole LCB is a compact fitness machine. It has a footprint of just 44″ x 23″.
- Warranty: The discount price of $1,299 (MSRP $1,799) includes a choice of two warranties. For residential use, all parts and electronics are under warranty for five years. In-home labor is provided during the first two years of ownership. For light commercial use, the parts and electronics are protected for three years. On-site labor is provided for one year. In both cases the frame has a lifetime guarantee.
It’s not easy to complain about this product. It is precisely as advertised. Keep in mind though:
- 30-Pound Flywheel: “Smooth” is relative. The Sole LCB provides a very smooth ride — yet it doesn’t mimic a road bike. For the feel of a road bike indoors, you’ll need a cycle trainer with an even heavier flywheel, like the Sole SB700 or SB900.
- No Visual Entertainment: Audio is included for distraction. However, this unit doesn’t have Internet like some do, nor a shelf for magazines, Kindle or a tablet computer.
Who Should Ride the Sole LCB Stationary Bike?
The Bottom Line
The Sole LCB is a popular, affordable exercise bike for light commercial settings. With its five-year parts warranty for residential use, this is an especially good buy at the $1,299 discount price.
Sole LCB Bike Light Commercial Specs:
|Resistance:||1 - 40 Levels|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||44" L x 23" W x 55" H|