A Durable Light Commercial Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Sole LCR Light Commercial Bike is a comfortable and reliable exercise bike for shared workout spaces and home gyms. Its recumbent design supports low-impact workouts, and with 40 resistance levels it can provide anyone an ideal amount of challenge. Ten preset workouts are provided and the bike has Bluetooth for sharing exercise data with mobile apps.
The recumbent LCR Light Commercial Bike is Sole’s top reclining exercise bike for light commercial fitness rooms and home gyms. This whisper-silent cardio trainer features a steel frame, a 31-pound flywheel with 40 magnetic resistance levels, and a vibrant 10.1” screen. New for the 2016 model year it’s equipped with Bluetooth to support data sharing with the Sole Fitness app, FitBit and other compatible mobile apps that help people track their workout data.
Recumbent bikes like the Sole LCR can be ideal for physical rehabilitation because they are low-impact on feet and joints. At the same time, the LCR’s 30-pound drive gives the option of powerful resistance. This makes it a bike that works after rehab too — useful for losing weight, sculpting muscles, building strength and keeping the cardiovascular system healthy.
This $1,499 model (full price $1,999) carries industry-leading warranties for residential and light commercial use. It generates its own power to help owners save on electricity costs.
Here are some pros and cons about buying the new Sole LCR Recumbent Bike.
Sole Fitness is a reputable brand and the LCR Recumbent Bike is one of their best fitness machines. Here are some of its selling points.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Sole indoor bike frames are virtually indestructible and have lifetime warranties. The LCR’s recumbent frame is built from about 125 pounds of steel tubing and sealed with a layer of aluminum. Altogether the machine weighs about 150 pounds and has a 350-pound weight capacity. It can be moved with help from transport wheels that drop when the back is raised.
- Good Flywheel: The LCR Bike has a 31-pound flywheel. This helps provides a smooth ride and an appropriate range of resistance for all skill levels.
- Quiet Operation: A magnetic resistance system on the LCR allows smooth transition among 40 challenge levels. The bike’s operation is virtually silent.
- Heart Rate Monitors: The Sole LCR Light Commercial Bike arrives with a wireless chest strap and has grip heart rate sensors built into the handlebars.
- Workout Programs & Display: Starting an effective workout program is easy with the built-in choices. The LCR gives a choice of manual mode, two heart rate controlled workouts, six standard programs (Fit Test, Hill, Fat Burn, Strength, Interval and Cardio) and two user-designed programs. The workouts and data are shown on a vibrant 10.1” screen.
- Bluetooth & Tablet Holder: The new LCR has a secure holder for a tablet computer. A tablet or smartphone running the Sole Fitness app can be used for setting up a workout and tracking fitness data. Info from LCR workout sessions can be exported to FitBit, iHealth and many other mobile apps.
- Pedals: Sole spaces its bike pedals narrowly to promote low-impact, ergonomically correct workouts. Additionally, the pedals on the LCR are tilted slightly inward for healthy motion.
- High Capacity: The bike’s user weight capacity is 350 pounds.
- Adjustable Seat: The well-cushioned bike seat can be moved forward and back to accommodate people of different heights. It also has an adjustable back.
- Adjustable Handlebars: Handlebars on the LCR Bike can be moved up and down, forward and backward for a personalized fit.
- Audio: A jack and speakers for iPod-compatible MP3 players are built into the console.
- Water Bottle Holder: The Sole LCR Bike has an integrated water bottle holder.
- Fans: Workout fans are built into the console.
- Green Power: Save on energy costs! The Sole LCR doesn’t need a power cord; it uses energy from exercise to power the console.
LCR might be too large for your workout space. It has a footprint of 57″ x 30″.
Who Should Ride the Sole LCR?
The Bottom Line
The new Sole LCR Recumbent Bike for 2016 is a durable and affordable option for light commercial settings. With its smooth performance and long warranty, it’s also a smart choice for home gyms. This machine lends itself to weight loss, muscle toning, strength building and rehabilitative training.
Sole LCR Light Commercial Specs:
|Resistance:||EMS 1 - 40 Levels|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||57" L x 30" W x 50" H|