Supportive and low-impact with an easy to use design
Affordable and easy to use, the Sole R72 recumbent bike proves that you don't need to risk injury and strain to get in a good workout. Get fit with the R72 by Sole, an entry-level recumbent bike that provides an attractive console display, 10 workout programs, and MP3 compatibility.
A compact version of the popular R92 Recumbent Bike, the R72 is a super affordable and easy to use recumbent bike manufactured by the well-known brand, Sole Fitness. Oversized pedals feature a patented 2 degree inward design to help users maintain correct posture while minimizing injury or impact, and the padded adjustable seat supports your back during the entire workout. Recumbent bikes are already known for being the “gentlest” of all exercise bikes with the lowest amount of impact and most amount of support, but these comfort features take it up a notch!
It’s easy to keep track of your workout progress and set workout goals with the large 7.5” display screen that offers 10 built-in workout programs that include both customizable and standard programs. Like other exercise bikes by Sole, the R72 is equipped with an ECB magnetic resistance system for a quiet, smooth workout experience from start to finish.
Free shipping and a money-back guarantee from Sole seal the deal with this model, that also comes with lifetime coverage on the frame.
- Oversized pedals: As a comfort feature, these oversized pedals are great! But what’s even better, the pedals are also at a 2 degree inward tilt, a patented design that corrects posture and minimizes injury.
- Reliable Frame: The R72 recumbent bike is designed with heavy steel tubing with aluminum shroud for a tough and reliable frame that is very sturdy.
- Compact and Lightweight: This compact model is really lightweight at just 121 pounds for the total weight of the bike, and also comes with two wheels upfront for easy mobility.
- Adjustable Seat: The padded, adjustable seat provides premium comfort and support.
- Affordable: This model is one of the most affordable in the bike options by Sole, at just $799.99; a great price for an entry-level bike like this one.
- Gentle on the Joints: The recumbent bike is one of the most low-impact and gentlest on the body. Since you are in a supported seating position, it’s also an ideal design for people recovering from injury.
- Warranty: Like other inexpensive bikes by Sole, the warranty is lacking. The lifetime warranty coverage on the frame is nice, but the 1 year coverage on parts, labor and electronics is not.
- Program Variety: 10 workout programs isn’t the worst we’ve ever seen, but it’s not the best either. Since there are no other advanced entertainment or tracking options, a few more programs would be helpful.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: There’s no wireless heart rate monitoring capability with this exercise bike, which is also something to consider! There are two heart rate programs built-in, so you can still use personalized data like heart rate but it can’t be done wirelessly.
Who should use the Sole R72 Recumbent Bike?
The R72 is an entry-level model, ideal for most anyone seeking a low-impact exercise. Recumbent bikes are great for beginners or people who just want to change it up a bit with a new workout routine as part of a cross training regime.
The Bottom Line
The compact design of the Sole R72 makes it the ideal in-home workout machine. This model is also very quiet, comes with an attractive 7.5” LCD, and is loaded with lots of comfort features. Bottom line: Sole is a well-known brand and they manufacture reliable fitness equipment. The R72 is affordably-priced and while it lacks some features, for the price, it’s an excellent entry-level choice. If you are interested in taking it up a step with additional features/options, check out the R92 model.
Sole R72 Recumbent Bike Specs:
|Weight Capacity:||290 LBS|
|Dimensions:||52" L x 29" W x 50" H|