An Affordable High Quality Exercise Bike for Home Use
The powerful Sole SB900 is engineered to support competitive training, body sculpting and weight loss. Its heart is a 48-pound flywheel that spins with quiet magnetic resistance. This product is Sole's top indoor cycle trainer.
The ruby red SB900 is Sole Fitness’s top indoor cycle trainer. This high quality upright bike features quiet magnetic resistance and SPD compatibility. Its 48-pound flywheel helps make the Sole SB900 a favorite among outdoor cyclists as well as people who only spin at the gym; its momentum is like that of a road bike. Riders also appreciate the attention to biomechanics in the pedals and adjustable handlebars.
The Sole SB900 Indoor Cycle Trainer originally sold for $1,499 but now has a $999 sale price. That includes shipping and a generous standard warranty: a lifetime guarantee on the frame, three years of coverage for parts and electronics, and free in-home labor during the first year of ownership.
Here are pros and cons list about buying the Sole SB900 Indoor Cycle Trainer.
- Heavy Flywheel: Like any good cycle trainer, the Sole SB900 replicates the feel of a road bike. Forty-eight pounds of steel, plated with chrome and precision balanced, deliver an incredibly smooth ride. Eddy current magnetic resistance helps keep the machine’s operation very quiet.
- Durable Frame: This unit has a light commercial frame. It’s made from steel and covered in a shroud of aluminum. The combination makes the unit virtually indestructible yet still possible for regular folks to move from room to room if needed.
- Powerful Resistance: As you’d expect with a 48-pound drive, this machine delivers a powerful amount of resistance. Most trainees aren’t likely to outgrow it. The resistance is adjusted with a knob rather than digitally.
- Adjustable Handlebars: Move the bars up or down, forward or backward to get the perfect grip.
- Adjustable Seat: Move the seat forward or backward to get the right stride.
- Dual-Sided Pedals: Riding the SB900, you have a choice between standard and SPD pedals. Straps and toe cages are included.
- Simple Console: The Sole SB900 makes it easy to keep an eye on your workout data. A 3″ x 4″ LCD clearly displays time, RPM, distance, speed and an estimate of calories burned. However, a caution here that a small minority of customers have reported faulty electronics.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: A wireless heart rate monitoring system (strap not included) makes it convenient to get an accurate readout. Keep an eye on this data to make the most of your workouts.
- Self-Generating Power: Unlike many other indoor cycles, this unit doesn’t have a power cord. This eliminates another electricity cost and makes it easy to place the bike anywhere in your home.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle holder on the console makes it convenient to stay hydrated as you bike.
- High Capacity: The Sole SB900’s user weight capacity is 300 pounds.
- Compact Size: This model takes up little space. Its footprint is just 40″ x 21″. It is 42″ tall.
- Warranty: The warranty works out nicely for consumers. It includes lifetime coverage for the frame, three years on parts and electronics, and free in-home labor during the first year. When a company offers in-home repairs, you can bet that they have confidence in their product.
This exercise bike isn’t for everyone. Here are some potential drawbacks based on the specs list and customer feedback.
- No Built-In Workouts: Trainees design their own workouts; you won’t find programs like “20K” or “Rolling Hills” on the Sole SB900.
- No Entertainment: Since this is a trainer meant for avid cyclists, it’s not loaded with unnecessary extras like speakers or an Internet connection. It would be nice if there were a holder for your magazines, Kindle or tablet computer.
- Electronics: Most reviewers of the SB900 are pleased with their purchases, but some report faulty electronics.
Who Should Choose the Sole SB900 Indoor Cycle?
The Bottom Line
The Sole SB900 Indoor Cycle Trainer has built its success around a heavy-duty flywheel. Its smooth operation makes the bike a serious player among outdoor cyclists, but it also has appropriate resistance levels for less experienced trainees. Selling for $999 with a generous warranty, the Sole SB900 is a recommended buy.
Sole SB900 Bike Light Commercial Specs:
|Resistance:||Eddy Current Magnetic|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||40" L x 21" W x 42" H|