A Low-Priced Bike with Preset Workouts
Providing light to moderate resistance, the Stamina 4825 Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike is a good discount bike for beginners and intermediate riders. This comfortable ride includes six workout programs with a pace guide.
The Stamina 4825 Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike is a low-cost exercise bike designed for lower stress exercise. It lets the rider recline rather than sit straight up without support — and this significantly relieves stress from the back and joints. Resistance can be altered with a tension knob placed beneath the handlebars. Six workout programs are included for beginning through advanced training.
Recumbent bikes like the Stamina 4825 Programmable Magnetic are especially recommended to people with arthritis or other limitations on movement. The bikes’ benefits, though, can extend to anyone. They help people tone their lower bodies and core muscles without suffering through muscle pain.
The Stamina 4825’s list price of just $329 is often reduced online. The purchase includes a three-year frame warranty and 90 days of parts coverage. Here’s a feature-by-feature review.
- Workout Programs: Choose from six built-in fitness programs with a pace guide. These interactive programs each have a time/distance goal. The pace guide lets you know when to pick up speed or ease up on the pedaling.
- Workout Data: The Magnetic 4825’s LCD shows distance, elapsed time and speed along with an estimate of calories burned.
- Sturdy Frame: The Stamina 4825 recumbent bike has a steel frame with maximum 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Comfortable Seat: This bike gets a padded and smartly molded seat that helps people comfortably complete long exercise sessions. It is adjustable for different user heights.
- Moderate Resistance: Stamina bikes have knobs for adjusting the tension manually. The tension on this bike is marked from 1 to 8, but the changes are continuous. The highest setting is too challenging for many owners of the 4825, but it’s too easy for the typical outdoor biking enthusiast.
- Quiet Operation: The Stamina Programmable Magnetic Recumbent 4825 operates very quietly. Magnetic resistance helps make a smooth ride that won’t disturb others in your household.
- Good Pedals: Pedals on this bike spin quietly. For stability and comfort, they are weighted and oversized.
- Compact Size: This bike measures just 56″ long x 26″ wide, which is small for a recumbent bike. It has wheels for easy transport too.
- Weight Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 300 pounds.
- Warranty: Stamina warranties aren’t long, but they make sense for fitness equipment costing less than $300. When buying the Programmable Magnetic 4825 directly from Stamina Products, buyers get three years of frame protection and 90 days of parts protection. It’s a good idea to check out the product as soon as it’s delivered; don’t let the warranty time fly by.
This recumbent exercise bike tends to get good reviews from shoppers who did their homework. The typical buyer is satisfied with the bike’s tension system, programming and feel. Still, here are some possible drawbacks.
- Assembly: Stamina products tend to confuse people during assembly. This bike is no exception. The instructions have lots of room for improvement. One tip for assembly is that the seat screws are already attached to the seat back; stop looking for them in a bag. Another tip is to use your own Phillips screwdriver and other tools instead of those provided in the box.
- Inaccurate Data: The grip heart rate monitor is inaccurate. That’s almost always the case with grip monitors. (Wireless heart rate systems, fingertip devices, and even iPhone app pulse monitors can be more helpful.) Also, the estimate of calories burned will likely be over-reported.
- Imperfect Machines: Quality control and packaging for this product could be improved. A small percentage of customers seem to receive bikes that were damaged during shipment or faulty for another reason.
Who Should Ride the Stamina 4825 Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike?
The Bottom Line
The Stamina 4825 Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike supports low-stress aerobic training and muscle toning. It offers riders a bit of guidance and plenty of comfort. Although some customers have received less-than-perfect versions of this product, most get good value from this discount stationary bike.