A Home-Use Exercise Bike With Long Warranty
A quality upright bike with a variety of features
Ready for a long-term bike relationship? A top match for serious shoppers is the True ES900 Upright Bike. The retail price is above average but this high quality model can be a wise buy in the long run. For $2099 or $2699 (depending on console) the ES900 Upright delivers the rare blend of commercial-grade components and a 10-year warranty on parts and electronics. It lets you avoid the common frustrations of owning a cheap exercise bike, plus it will stay useful for much, much longer with little maintenance.
The ES900 is the only upright exercise bike that True Fitness sells with a home use warranty. It’s a bit smaller than their commercial options, but it’s “club-like” in terms of providing almost anyone with a just-right ergonomic fit, workout intensity and training guidance. With frictionless gear shifting too, the ES900 is one of the better choices for shoppers aiming to keep household volume under control.
Key specs for the True ES900 Upright include: a welded steel frame for low maintenance; a gel seat for good comfort; multiple positions for the saddle and handlebars; wireless and contact heart rate options; and a shelf for your reading material or mobile device. Read on for details about the consoles and other features.
- Compact Dimensions: Designed with residential use in mind, the ES900 Upright packs commercial quality into a 24” wide x 44” long frame. The bike is portable for easy storage after training too; wheels are built into the frame.
- Commercial Parts: Comparable to a True fitness club bike, the ES900 is meant to fit just about anyone’s body size and training level for strength and cardio. It offers a wide range of resistance (40 to 450 Watts) so you can vary your workouts and keep achieving higher levels of fitness without outgrowing the machine.
- Parts Warranty: The manufacturer’s 10-year parts and electronics coverage for this trainer is excellent.
- Choice of Consoles: Two consoles are compatible with this trainer. The standard console is “Emerge” and the upgraded console is “Transcend.” Compared with the standard console, the Transcend’s advantages include a 9” touchscreen for workout programming, Bluetooth connectivity with mobile fitness apps, and Bluetooth for wireless audio. Another perk is that it has 22 workout programs, although the cheaper Emerge console has good variety with a dozen workouts too. Both consoles feature True’s unique Cardio 360 program, which prompts you to work your upper body along with pedaling for advanced cross training. Each has HRC Cruise Control too, which can help you maintain exercise within a given heart rate zone.
- Media Holder: Whichever console you choose, a media shelf is included for a magazine or mobile device.
- High Quality Handlebars: Handlebars on this premium bike let you comfortably grip in different positions, and they’re adjustable to fit different body sizes. The cushioning is moisture-resistant so your bike can keep a clean look over many miles.
- Adjustable Saddle: The ES900 Upright’s saddle is gel-filled for comfort and can be adjusted vertically and horizontally.
- Weighted Pedals: The bike pedals are weighted and give you a choice of riding with or without footstraps.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight for this ride is 350 pounds.
- Higher Price: Compared with other top home exercise bikes, this bike has an above average MSRP.
- Technology: The consoles for True fitness exercise bikes deliver useful programming, but they aren’t everyone’s preferred style. On the other hand, by providing a media shelf True ensures that you can keep your favorite apps handy regardless of how technology changes over the next decade or so.
Who Should Ride the True ES900 Upright Bike?
Like fitness equipment at a membership gym, the True ES900 is meant to accommodate just about anyone’s size and strength. It can be a good daily ride for the trainee aiming to manage weight, tone their body and build cardiovascular endurance.
The Bottom Line
With commercial-grade components and 10-year parts warranty, the True ES900 Upright Bike is ready for the long haul. It could be your match if you seek high performance and long-term value without spending too much on flashy electronics.
True Fitness ES900 Upright Bike Specs:
|Resistance:||40 to 450 watts|
|Weight Capacity:||350 lbs.|