A Durable Home Exercise Bike with Custom Console
The Vision U20 Upright Bike is a great choice whether you prefer basic or high-end programming. Three consoles are available and the bike’s 23-pound flywheel will challenge new and intermediate-level trainees. For all fitness levels the U20 can assist with efficient cardio training and weight loss.
The Vision U20 Upright Stationary Bike is well-built and available with a variety of options. It’s available with a choice of three consoles, interacts with high definition workout videos, and has a long residential warranty. This bike is the least expensive in Vision’s U series, yet it’s durable enough to carry a five-year parts warranty for residential use.
Customers choose from three consoles with different prices: Classic, Elegant and Touch. These consoles have five, 13 and 17 preset programs respectively — and the Elegant and Touch consoles get the neatest built-in feature, two Virtual Active workout videos each. These interactive videos respond to rider speed and intensity to create realistic outdoor riding experiences. Additionally, all versions of the Vision U20 bike have Passport Player compatibility. With special high-definition Passport Player videos, riders positioned in front of a TV can virtually tour beautiful destinations worldwide.
Is this the best exercise bike for your home gym? Here are some pros and cons to consider about the Vision U20 Upright Bike.
- Preset Workout Programs: Preset programs are included with every console. Some are basic and some are advanced with interactive video.
- Console Selection: The console choices help make the Vision U20 appeal to different sorts of shoppers. The Classic console is basic yet has workout programs and heart rate data; the Elegant console has a 7″ touch screen and 13 programs; and the Touch console has a 10″ touch screen with 17 programs. Video workouts and ViaFit data tracking are options on the more expensive consoles.
- Data: Bikes with the Vision Touch and Elegant consoles provide more workout data than any others we’ve reviewed. The windows can show the rider’s choice of Distance, Speed, Calories, Calories Per Hour, RPM, Level, Watts, Total Time, Time Remaining, Time Elapsed, METs, Heart Rate, Percent Heart Rate and Target Heart Rate.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Vision Fitness bike frames have lifetime guarantees. The 105-pound Vision U20 bike has a frame made from heavy steel. It has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Heart Rate Monitors: The Vision U20 Upright Bike gives two options for heart rate monitoring. There are contact grips on the handlebars and a wireless heart rate receiver. A chest strap is included for the wireless receiver when customers choose advanced consoles (Elegant and Touch).
- Magnetic Brake: The U20’s resistance is controlled with an eddy current braking system. This frictionless magnetic system promotes quiet operation and longevity.
- Device Charger: All versions of this bike have a USB port to charge electronics drawing up to one amp.
- Audio: An iPod connection and speaker set are built into the Vision Touch consoles.
- Water Bottle Holder: The Vision U20 bike frame has a convenient water bottle holder.
- High Capacity: This fitness machine has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Footprint: The Vision U20 is a compact exercise bike. It has a footprint of just 41″ x 26″. It’s 58 inches tall. Still, it’s nearly the same size as the more expensive Vision U40, which has almost all the same features.
- Warranty: This exercise bike has a great warranty for the price. For residential use all parts and electronics are under warranty for five years and labor is free during the first two years. The frame has a lifetime guarantee.
The Vision U20 Upright Bike has lots of appeal. Still, it’s not for everyone. Consider these potential drawbacks.
- Resistance: The U20 has a 23-pound flywheel. It can support great cardio workouts for almost anyone, but for some riders it’s not enough of a challenge strength-wise.
- Extra Costs: The Passport Player and Passport videos cost extra, with the Passport Player typically selling for $199 and the videos costing $99. Also, unlike the Vision U60 Commercial Upright Bike, this model uses a power cord instead of generating energy from a trainee’s activity.
Who Should Ride the Vision U20 Stationary Bike?
The Bottom Line
The Vision U20 Upright Stationary Bike is a great choice for home gyms. It can be tailored to different households’ needs whether basic or luxurious, and it has a long residential warranty.
Previously the Vision U40 might have been a better buy than the U20 considering its longer warranty. However, now the U20 gets the same five-year parts protection and virtually all the same features, for a much lower price. Good deal!
Vision U20 Upright Bike Specs:
|Resistance:||ECB magnetic brake 1 - 20 Levels|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||41" L x 26" W x 58" H|