A Basic Indoor Bike with 40-Pound Flywheel & Data Screen
The Vision V-Series is a spin bike that supports vigorous workouts. It has a 40-pound drive and provides session feedback. This bike can support up to 290 pounds.
Durable enough for commercial gyms, the Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle is popular in fitness classes and home gyms alike. This spin bike from Vision Fitness supports intense workouts for any fitness level, plus it’s engineered to satisfy competitive outdoor cyclists’ high performance standards. The V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle has a 40-pound flywheel, micro-adjustable tension and an easy-to-read data screen.
The Vision V-Series indoor bike has a sticker price of $1099. Shipping and indoor delivery are included. Here are some pros and cons about choosing this product.
- Heavy Flywheel: Like any good indoor bike, the Vision V-Series has a heavy flywheel with high inertia. The flywheel weighs 40 pounds (18 kg).
- Micro-adjustable Resistance: The rider can control resistance by turning a knob between the handlebars. With other bikes, the tension is controlled with buttons. Buttons might be more convenient, but they offer less precision. Competitive cyclists in particular often prefer the Vision’s setup.
- Emergency Stop: An emergency brake is provided for extra safety.
- Standard Pedals: Standard alloy pedals are provided to feel like a real road bike. Riders can add their own pedals if desired. As with other indoor cycle trainers, the pedals let the rider stand up straight to isolate different muscles. This isn’t an option with standard upright stationary bikes.
- Exercise Data: Data including RPM, distance, heart rate, average heart rate and more are provided on a small yet easy-to-read data console.
- Adjustable: The handlebars and ergonomic saddle on the V-Series spin bike are micro-adjustable to fit different body types. Additionally, the handlebars are designed to support different types of riding stances.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle cage is attached to the handlebars.
- Sturdy Design: This fitness machine has a maximum user weight capacity of 290 pounds, which is comparable to that of other indoor bikes in its class. The frame is zinc-coated and the seat stem is stainless steel. Altogether the bike weighs 108 pounds.
- Small Size: This compact unit can easily fit into an apartment or other home. It measures approximately 56” L x 21″ W x 43″ H.
- Good Warranty: The V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle has a three-year warranty on parts, which works out to about $1/day over three years. There is a five-year warranty on the frame and a one-year free labor agreement.
Spin bikes in general aren’t for everybody. They’re meant for intense workouts that simulate outdoor rides; unlike other exercise bikes, spin bikes are not for gentle physical rehabilitation and wouldn’t be described as low-impact on the joints. Plus, indoor cycle trainers almost always lack the programming that’s usually found on traditional upright exercise bikes.
Here are some potential disadvantages of buying the Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle in particular.
- No Transport Wheels: For easy transport, many indoor bikes have small wheels affixed to their frames. The Vision V-Series does not, and it weighs 108 pounds.
- No Preset Workouts: Riders are on their own in terms of goal-setting and adjusting the bike’s resistance. This is usually the case with indoor cycle trainers, but some do provide workout guidance. One example is the Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer with 18 preset programs, four of which are controlled by wireless heart rate data. Another example is the Epic A17U with 22 presets and iFit.
- Belt Resistance: The mechanical resistance used on this trainer is often preferred by outdoor bikers. Still, keep in mind that it will probably require more long-term care compared with a bike that uses frictionless magnetic braking.
Who Should Ride the Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle?
The Bottom Line
The Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle is a good quality indoor cycle. It doesn’t stand out against the competition, however; it’s very basic yet not especially low-priced. This is primarily a spin bike targeting avid cyclists who don’t want exercise guidance.
Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle Specs:
|Resistance:||Friction brake with micro-adjust knob and emergency stop|
|Weight Capacity:||290 LBS|
|Dimensions:||56" L x 21.25" W x 43" H|