SEE BEST PRICE
BH Fitness S5Ui Bike Review
See below for the best alternative model.
How We Reviewed This Model
Compared Against 100+ other Indoor Bikes
Leading the competition with a 10-year parts warranty, the S5Ui Upright Bike is a top value from BH Fitness. Special attention to comfort, workout programming and Internet integration characterize this ride. Compared with the cheaper bike in this series (the S1Ui) this model has an easier-to-access design, a comfier seat, a higher weight capacity and more accurate heart rate monitoring.
For workout support the BH Fitness S5Ui has flexible and engaging programming. It’s loaded with 26 workout modes, and it also has iConcept. iConcept lets you substitute your own mobile device for the exercise bike’s LCD console. This lets you download program updates and add new programs occasionally released by the manufacturer. The BH Fitness app runs in the background as you use other apps, letting you easily switch from the workout view to email, YouTube and so forth.
This bike sells for $1399 plus shipping, and parts are protected for a decade! Below are lists of some benefits and potential drawbacks of choosing this home exercise bike.
Here are some reasons people choose the BH Fitness S5Ui Upright Bike.
- Step-Through Frame: The S5Ui has a unique design. Compared with most other upright bikes, its step-through frame makes the S5Ui easier on people who have some physical limitations.
- Workout Programs: The backlit console provides 26 preset workouts including a fitness test. Using your mobile device, you can download more programs too;for instance, BH Fitness occasionally adds programs that simulate real-life race routes.
- iConcept: iConcept is unique to BH Fitness. Making their fitness machines compatible with Apple and Android devices, iConcept 1) lets you use a mobile device as your workout screen and 2) run other apps simultaneously. It also offers program updates and new workout routines.
- 24 Resistance Levels: This bike has a wide range of resistance to train people at different fitness levels. The resistance is controlled electronically.
- High Capacity: The S5Ui has a maximum 350-pound user weight capacity. That’s the highest capacity we see on residential exercise bikes.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor: This bike has a Polar wireless receiver. It can also measure pulse with contact grips.
- Exercise Data: Workout data shown are distance, time, calories, speed, resistance, RPM and heart rate.
- Adjustable Seat: The S5Ui Upright Bike has fore and aft seat adjustment. It features microadjustability rather than preset choices, so more riders can find a perfect fit.
- Rotating Handlebars: The handlebars are adjustable to suit different riders.
- Secure Pedals: The pedals are oversized, textured and have straps. This combination promotes comfort and stability.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle holder is attached to the frame below the console.
- Transport Wheels: Wheels are attached to the back of the bike, making it easy to transport.
- Compact Size: Measuring only a foot wide and 51” long, the BH Fitness S1Ui takes up less floor space than most other fitness machines.
- Warranty: This bike has an exceptionally good warranty. Residential owners get lifetime coverage for the frame and parts protection for ten years! Other bikes in this price category have parts protection for just a few years. Labor is free during the first year.
Here are some potential drawbacks of the BH Fitness S5Ui exercise bike.
- No Fan: A good cooling fan can make a difference. There’s no fan built into the console, so you might want to set one up near the bike.
- No Reading Rack: This bike appeals to people who love to use their phones or tablet computers, but it doesn’t have an old-fashioned magazine rack. Other stationary bikes have media racks for books and magazines.
- Plugs In: An AC adaptor (included) is required to operate the bike. That limits your options in terms of machine placement. However, the BH Fitness website does have a handy room planner.
Who Should Ride the BH Fitness S5Ui Upright Bike?
The S5Ui Upright Bike would make a great addition to just about anyone’s home gym. It is intended for the long term and is especially comfortable for an upright bike. This fitness machine can help beginners through peak-level trainees with cardio training, calorie burn and muscle toning. Its maximum user weight capacity is 350 pounds.
The Bottom Line
Providing a 10-year parts warranty with its S5Ui Upright Bike, BH Fitness offers one of the best exercise bike deals in the industry. This bike’s range of challenge levels, ample preset programs and iConcept technology can help keep a household healthy for many years.
BH Fitness S5Ui Bike Specs
|Dimensions||50" L x 12" W x 29.5" H|