Diamondback 910Ub Upright Bike Review
This model has been discontinued. See below for the best alternative model.
New Year’s Sale! Diamondback Fitness is offering 25% off all Exercise Bikes right now. Click here to check out the sale.
How We Reviewed This Model
A great choice! The sturdy Diamondback 910Ub Upright Stationary Bike helps riders combine exercise with entertainment. A highlight of the latest model is a suite of 35 diverse programs. Workout modes include a fitness test, four levels of heart rate control, and routines designed for fat burn, endurance and other fitness goals. Workouts can be used at 32 intensity levels, and users can also design and save custom routines.
Entertainment is supported with onboard speakers for iPods and other MP3 players, a tablet computer holder and a foldaway magazine rack. In short, there are workout modes and distractions for all.
The Diamondback 910Ub is priced at $999 with shipping included. A pretty good warranty is included and extended warranties can be purchased for about $89 and up. Below are details about this popular bike’s many features.
The GreatThe Diamondback 910Ub Upright Stationary Bike gets mostly positive customer reviews. Here are some of its best features.
- 35 Workout Modes: Excellent variety! The Diamondback 910Ub Upright Bike makes it easy to start an exercise session. Menu icons are shown for Fat Burn, Heart Rate, Lap Test and other workout categories. Space is also provided for saving user-designed programs.
- Exercise Data: The workout data include speed, distance, elapsed time, watts, heart rate and cadence.
- Quiet Operation: Diamondback Fitness uses magnetic drives on all its bikes. Virtually frictionless, their flywheels spin and brake very quietly.
- Sturdy Frame: This trainer has a heavy steel frame. It can officially support up to 300 pounds.
- Multiple Heart Rate Monitors: Riders can choose from contact grip heart rate monitors, which are conveniently located at different parts of the machine, or wear a chest strap for wireless monitoring. The data can be used to control four heart rate exercise programs, keeping people in the best zone for workout goals.
- Integrated Media Center: A tablet computer (not included) can be attached to the top of the console. It lets people enjoy their own apps while also having an unobstructed view of workout data. The 901Ub also has console speakers for playing MP3s.
- Magazine Rack: Cleverly designed, an integrated magazine rack is easy to stow away when it’s not in use.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle holder is attached to the bike frame. This feature is optional.
- Adjustable Handlebars: The handlebars can be adjusted in two ways. Vertical adjustments help the bike accommodate people of different heights. Tilting the handlebars in different ways lets a rider take different positions — upright or a more aerodynamic stance — for workout variety.
- High Capacity: The 910Ub has a maximum user weight capacity of 325 pounds.
- Warranty: The bike is sold with limited lifetime coverage on the frame and brake, three years for parts and electronics, and a year of labor. That’s a pretty good deal for this price bracket. The wear parts, however, are only covered for 90 days. A variety of extended warranties are available too.
It’s not all wine and roses. Here are some potential drawbacks of investing in the Diamondback 910Ub Stationary Bike.
- Difficult Assembly: Since this exercise bike has some extras, maybe it’s not surprising that it takes awhile to assemble. The consensus seems to be that two hours are required. Customers tend to find the instructions somewhat vague and frustrating. Diamondback’s assembly service would save a hassle but add almost $280 to your bill.
- Funny Console Fan: The cooling fan isn’t positioned very well. To feel the breeze, a rider needs to position their face directly over the console.
- Uncomfortable Seat: This bike’s seat is adjustable but not everybody finds a good height. Changes are made in 1″ increments. Smaller increments would be better. Also, the bike is not especially well contoured or cushioned. A cushion is recommended.
Who Should Ride the Diamondback 910Ub Upright Stationary Bike?
The Bottom Line
The Diamondback 910Ub Upright Stationary Bike is an all-around enticing buy for everyday weight loss, strength training and cardiovascular exercise. With a rather heavy drive and plentiful programming, it’s ready to train beginners and more experienced gym-goers.
Diamondback 910Ub Upright Bike Specs
|Console display||Blue LCD electronic display|
|Resistance||16 Resistance Levels|
|Dimensions||23" L x 41" W x 58" H|