Diamondback Studio Cycle 1260Sc Review
The Diamond Studio Cycle 1260Sc is Diamondback's top of the line indoor bike; it’s made for your home gym but it’s commercial grade. A…
Diamondback Studio Cycle 1260Sc Specs
|Console display||Digital Console|
|Seat type||Spring Ride Saddle|
|Dimensions||59″ L x 23″ W x 50″ H|
New Year’s Sale! Diamondback Fitness is offering 25% off all Exercise Bikes right now. Click here to check out the sale.
How We Reviewed This Model
The Diamondback Studio Cycle 1260Sc is a value purchase for beginners and intermediate riders. The heavy-duty 31-lbs. flywheel will give the stability needed as you increase your power and strength. The 16 levels of resistance are enough for all levels to be challenged, build stamina and tone muscles. The console is large enough to view your stats and progress without having to disrupt your ride. It doesn’t come with a selection of built in programs but it is ANT compatible and will connect with devices and apps – Garmin, Strata, Wahoo, IOS app – that offer monitoring capabilities and interactive videos. The seat and handlebar are adjustable – up, down, backward, forward – allowing for a comfortable ride, as long as you are in the weight and height capacity of up to 300 lbs. and between 5’2”- 6’5”. Pedals can be flipped to be used for SPD or clip in for those who like the sensation of a road bike. The power generated is all yours – there are no power cords to plug in – this means you can essentially move it anywhere in the house or outdoors without worrying about needing to be close to a power outlet. The warranty is reasonable at three yrs. for parts and one year for labor.
- Resistance levels: It comes with 16 resistance levels, this wide range means it will be challenging for most, even advanced fitness levels.
- 31 lbs. magnetic resistance flywheel: The weight of this flywheel gives it stability and strength as you maneuver through resistance levels – whether they are high or low.
- Digital Console: The console is a large enough size to view your stats comfortably without having to break your ride or concentration; they are watt output, calories, load, heart rate, rpm, distance and time. It doesn’t have any set programs but it can be connected via ANT to apps and devices that offer live interactive streaming or videos.
- Adjust to comfort: The seat and handlebar can be moved adjusted up, down, back or forward for your comfort. As well the multi-position handlebar is designed to accommodate for standing or leaning while riding.
- Pedals: Pedals can be used as SPD or clip in – for those who want to feel like a road bike.
- Power: It is powered by you, the user therefore it can be used anywhere without the need for an electrical outlet.
- Commercial grade: Because it’s good enough for a gym –durability – it means that it will be strong and accommodate users up to 300 lbs. and 5’2” – 6’5”.
- Easy to move: Transport wheels make it easy to move to the patio or store away.
- Rear wheel: Because the user will be sitting and leaning forward there will be less sweat falling unto the wheel – which helps with the long life and low maintenance.
- Built-in Programs: On the console, the essential stats are available to monitor your progress but there aren’t any built in programs. It’s easily rectified with a connection to your preferred app however, most bikes built now normally have a built in selection of programs to choose from.
- Warranty: Although the three year warranty is alright, seeing as it is commercial grade and will last for years in a home gym they could have made the standard warranty on the 1260Sc four or five years.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE DIAMONDBACK STUDIO CYCLE 1260Sc?
The fact that it is similar to the build and quality of a health club indoor bike, means it can be used by anyone as long as they fit within the weight and height capacity. Beginners can start out with the Diamondback Studio Cycle 1260Sc and find it useful for years to come especially with the resistance range. However, intermediate and advanced levels will also find those levels challenging.
The Bottom Line
The Diamondback Studio Cycle 1260Sc is a decent indoor bike to have in your home gym. It’s commercial grade, which means it will last longer and give you the challenge you will need as you progress in your physical fitness. The 16 levels of resistance is a good enough range to continue to develop your cardio and your muscle tone. It gives the essentials as far as your stats, no fancy screen or programs to motivate and encourage you but it does give you ANT compatibility to link to various apps and devices that will deliver fun and exciting programs. Both the seat and handlebar can be adjusted for your comfort. And it will be comfortable for most people, which means it will get its use in an active household. The warranty isn’t bad at three years for parts and one year for labor; although since it is commercial grade they could have tacked on another year or two since it will likely be used for a few years to come in your home studio. The bottom line – you can add to your list for serious consideration – it’s a great choice for a residential gym.