Landice R7 Review
Landice is a uniquely American fitness brand known for high-end equipment. While others make fitness machines overseas, Landice has stayed on US soil since…
Landice R7 Specs
|Console display||LED display|
|Seat type||Forward/backwards seat adjustment with 15 settings|
|Weight capacity||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||65.74” L x 25.31” W x 52.20” H|
How We Reviewed This Model
Landice is a uniquely American fitness brand known for high-end equipment. While others make fitness machines overseas, Landice has stayed on US soil since the 1960s. The Landice R7 is their only recumbent exercise bike sold for home use. It carries a lifetime warranty and is identical to the R9, which Landice sells to hotels and other commercial customers. Choosing the R7 you’ll own a comfortable and durable trainer that lets home workouts be club quality.
Optional is the Landice Vision System, a 19” TV. You can also buy a Landice bracket for attaching your own flat-screen TV monitor… or to save money, just set your tablet computer on the integrated shelf.
Standard with the Landice R7 is an easy-to-use workout console with 10 preset programs, including two that let your heart rate control the challenge. The console also lets you save five new exercise routines. Data shown include time elapsed, time remaining, time in zone, resistance (1 – 20), calories burned, calories per hour, METs and more.
- Low-Impact Exercise: The Landice R7 is made especially for low-impact cross training. Unlike an upright exercise bike, it supports your back. Maybe more important, it shifts your body weight to minimize pressure on your knees and ankles.
- Commercial Quality: Landice home exercise bikes are under warranty for a lifetime. In contrast, many other home exercise bikes are considered disposable; within a few years they break down and get replaced. The R7 is identical to the Landice R9, which has a light commercial warranty.
- Supports Digital Entertainment: Ride longer with your favorite shows! To make this bike ultra-premium you can add a 19” Landice Vision System TV monitor. Landice Vision is compatible with traditional and newer programming technologies (e.g., cable, satellite and Amazon Fire). Two cheaper options are 1) attaching your own monitor with a Landice bracket and 2) setting your tablet computer on the console.
- Workout Data: Landice workout consoles provide a good deal of feedback. The R7 bike console has multiple data windows to show time, speed, distance, RPM and more. It can also indicate your heart rate and heart rate zone.
- Advanced Cardio Training: The best cardio trainers can guide your exercise with heart rate data. The Landice R7 provides a reliable contact grip system, and for better convenience it’s compatible with a wireless heart rate monitor (a chest strap). Wearing a chest strap you can get constant readouts for heart rate & heart rate zone. You can also use workout programs that automate the R7’s resistance and speed in response to your data. Generally the wireless option is best unless you have a pacemaker.
- Adjustable Strength Training: For strength training the R7 bike has 20 resistance levels. The workload range is from 60 to 400 Watts. Resistance is controlled with touch-free magnets instead of a contact brake. This helps the bike operate almost silently.
- Adjustable Seat Position: Designed to fit almost anyone, the Landice R7 has very adjustable seating. Lean into the high-backed seat and get comfortable! Choose from 12 up/down settings and 15 forward/backward seat positions.
- Standard Amenities: Special touches include a three-speed fan, a tablet shelf, a water bottle holder and an accessory tray.
- Customer Service: Landice customer service earns excellent customer reviews. In our experience Landice makes it easy to get assistance in a timely manner, both online and by phone.
- Price: The R7 is expensive, even for a high-end exercise bike. Its lifetime warranty is quite valuable, but alternatively you could spend less and be satisfied for at least several years.
- Not a Connected Fitness Machine: Landice has enhanced some of its machines with Bluetooth, but the R7 still awaits this upgrade. Other recumbent exercise bikes can connect to mobile apps.
- Not for Advanced Cycle Training: This bike model supports up to 400 Watts/hour. That’s more than enough power for typical home bike riders, but the most serious cyclists would feel limited.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE LANDICE R7?
The Landice R7 is made for light to moderately intense cardiovascular workouts with low-impact strength training.
Meeting commercial standards, this model can comfortably support almost any teen or adult rider up to 350 pounds.
On-board programming includes all the standards, letting people choose workout sessions based on calorie burn, distance, speed, interval training, heart rate and more.
The Bottom Line
The Landice R7 is an expensive but exceptionally durable recumbent bike. It adjusts to fit almost anyone’s body size, and it delivers enough programming and data to satisfy the typical rider.
If you aren’t concerned about saving money, you could choose this bike and be satisfied for many years… unless you get interested in newer workout technologies. Other bikes (not necessarily as durable) have Bluetooth for connecting with video workouts, long-term data storage and other features of mobile fitness apps. You can see examples on our page Best Recumbent Bikes.