Schwinn AD7 Airdyne Exercise Bike Review
If you’ve tried out the Airdyne AD Pro in your gym and wished you had something similar to use at home, the Schwinn AD7…
Schwinn AD7 Airdyne Exercise Bike Specs
|Console display||LED display|
|Seat type||Adjusts Vertically|
|Dimensions||49.7 L x 25.7 W x 50.9 H|
How We Reviewed This Model
The Airdyne brand comes in three models, and the AD7 is Schwinn’s premiere product for home use. Not only is it made to last, but it also features advanced ergonomics and programming capability. From its 27 inch fan wheel and wireless telemetry to powder-coated frame and more, there’s a lot to get excited about when it comes to Schwinn’s most advanced Airdyne product.
The AD7 Airdyne exercise bike allows versatility and challenges in your workout regimen. Its unmatched durability and air resistance technology allow for excellence in cardio training. You will also appreciate the powder-coated frame that keeps your bike looking newer longer.
It differs from other Airdyne models for home use in that it features a large fan wheel and multi-grip moving handlebars. This allows for smooth air resistance and upper-body workouts to ensure a full-body fitness regimen.
This model is capable of holding up to 350 pounds and adjusts for heights up to six feet tall. It’s capable of withstanding heavy use and high intensity.
Keep reading to learn more about parts, programming, and other features in our complete Schwinn AD7 Airdyne Exercise Bike Review.
- Quiet– You don’t have to worry about disturbing others in the home, allowing you to workout when it’s best for you.
- Easy to use– Not everyone is a fitness guru. That’s why Schwinn AD7 model makes use easy and seamless.
- Easy to set up– You shouldn’t have to use up all your energy setting up your exercise bike. Schwinn allows you to save your stamina for your workout.
- Sturdy– You want your investment to last, and this product’s sturdy frame and powder-coated frame ensures good durability.
- Varied workout programs– It can be easy to burn out. With varied workout programs, you can keep things interesting.
- Unlimited resistance through the use of a large fan wheel– This allows you to advance when you feel the time’s right to advance accordingly.
- Upper-body training made possible through footrests– Your exercise bike doesn’t have to restrict your workout to the lower body with the AD&B Airdyne
- Seat adjusts horizontally and vertically
- Monitor is not illuminated– This downside can make it difficult to workout in a darkened room. You’ll need to make sure your workout space is well-let.
- Labor warranty is too short– We’d really like to see Schwinn offer a little more when it comes to certainty in labor involved with manufacturing-related issues.
- Seat is too small for some people– The small seat can cause discomfort, especially for larger bodies.
- No cooling fan– I found relief using a separate box fan.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE AD7 AirDyne Upright Bike?
While other Schwinn air bikes only offer manual mode, the AD7 Airdyne goes above and beyond in offering various workout programs. It can be easy to fall into the same old, same old, especially when you workout at home without the guidance of a personal trainer. That’s why the LCD monitor allows you to choose from nine options. This product could be for you if you’re looking for a product that offers:
- Interval training
- Distance, time, and calorie targets
- Heart rate zone monitoring
- HIIT training through the “20-10 Interval” that repeats a set number of cycles of 20 second sprints, 10 second rests
- Padded, adjustable seat
The data generated through the nine settings vary, but they all provide time, calories burned, distance, and heat rate.
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re looking for an Airdyne model that’s built to last or have been impressed with the Airdyne AD Pro, I think you’ll be pretty impressed with the AD7 model. The multiple workout programs and footrests allow for variety in your workout. This helps mix things up and keeps your workout from becoming bland and overused.
This level of gym-quality product is hard to find under $1,000. Considering this and the fact that it incorporates measures to make it last, you’re getting a great value. To learn even more before you make your purchase, learn some helpful tips in our thorough buyer’s guide.