Sole B74 Upright Bike Review
This model has been discontinued. See below for the best alternative model.
How We Reviewed This Model
Designed with features to enhance user comfort and convenience, the B74 stationary upright bike by Sole Fitness is equipped with an adjustable gel seat and ergonomically-designed pedals. Affordably-priced at just $599.99, it’s also a steal of a deal!
ECB Magnetic resistance keeps things incredibly quiet and smooth and the heavy steel tubing with aluminum shroud keeps things tough, but also very light-weight. Budget-friendly and easy to use, the B74 also comes with an attractive 7.5” display screen with MP3 compatibility and all of the basic console options!
20 levels of resistance and 10 built-in workout programs means that the Sole B74 is also really versatile; a bonus for keeping workouts new and fresh, no matter what your workout goals might be! The Sole B74 comes from a brand that we know and trust, so if an upright bike is on your radar this model could be the ideal fit.
- Sturdy Frame: The B74 features heavy steel tubing with aluminum shroud for a tough but light-weight frame that is very sturdy and reliable.
- Easy to Move: This model is very lightweight and also comes with two wheels upfront for easy mobility.
- Comfortable Adjustable Seat: The adjustable gel seat can be moved vertically and horizontally.
- Low-Impact: Exercise bikes in general offer a great low-impact workout, but an upright stationary bike offers even more support with a comfortable seat and oversized pedals.
- Affordable: The Sole B74 is an affordable version of the highly popular B94 upright stationary bike at just $599.99. In fact, this is their most inexpensive model of all of their exercise bikes.
- Warranty: The lifetime warranty coverage on the frame is nice, but the 1 year coverage on parts, labor and electronics is not. Overall, Sole is a reliable brand that manufactures popular models, but we would like to see a more impressive warranty.
- Flywheel Weight: This model is equipped with an 18 pound flywheel, which is on the lighter side. This translates to a bike that might not be as powerful or quiet as you’d like it to be, so just keep that in mind. Of course, most exercise bikes at this price point won’t really come with super heavy flywheels anyway so you do make this compromise with a machine under $600.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: There’s no wireless heart rate monitoring capability with this exercise bike, which is also something to consider! There are two heart rate programs built-in, so you can still use personalized data like heart rate but it can’t be done wirelessly.
Who should use the Sole B74 Upright Bike?
This versatile bike can really be enjoyed by almost anyone, but because of the lighter flywheel weight and lower weight capacity, it’s not the best machine for heavier people or people with larger frames. This is a basic beginner model so this bike might not be great for an intermediate cyclist.
The Bottom Line
With this model, you will get what you pay for when it comes to features and the warranty offering. However; when it comes to reliability and durability, we feel that this is a smart choice for a beginner since it’s from a trusted brand but isn’t a ton of money.
Sole B74 Upright Bike Specs
|Console display||7.5" LCD|
|Dimensions||48" L x 23" W x 54" H|