SEE BEST PRICE
Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike Review
The Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Bike combines a low price with high resistance, six preset programs, and a comfortable saddle. This bike is an…
SEE BEST PRICE
Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike Specs
How We Reviewed This Model
Compared Against 100+ other Indoor Bikes
The Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Stationary Bike is above average in its price class. It offers six preset workouts and eight levels of resistance. This bike gives feedback about speed, distance, time and calories burned. A cushioned adjustable-height seat helps makes this a comfortable ride for most adults.
Noise is often a concern with low-priced fitness machines, but good news here! Owners consistently report that the Stamina 5325 upright bike runs quietly even after years of use. That’s impressive for a stationary bike in this price class.
The Stamina 5325’s list price of just $299 includes buyer protection against overall defective units, plus the frame is under warranty for one year. Parts are covered for 90 days. Here’s a feature-by-feature review of the Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Stationary Exercise Bike.
This bike supports effective workouts that aren’t likely to bring much muscle burn the following day. Here are some reasons people choose the Stamina 5325.
- Steel Frame: The Stamina Magnetic 5325 Upright Bike has a steel frame with maximum 300-pound user weight capacity. That’s comparable to bikes priced three times as much.
- Powerful Resistance: This bike only has eight tension levels, so you might expect it to be less than challenging. The reverse is true though. Some people find the lowest resistance challenging, and experienced outdoor cyclists are happy with the middle range.
- Quiet Operation: The resistance system gives the Magnetic Upright 5325 its name. Magnetic resistance helps create a virtually frictionless drive, so the flywheel spins and brakes quietly.
- Preset Programs: Six preset programs are provided. These include a pace guide to help people reach their goals.
- Workout Data: The Stamina Magnetic 5325 shows heart rate, distance, time and speed along with an estimate of calories burned.
- Cushioned Seat: An oversized and contoured seat is provided. It’s a big improvement over the hard seat used on the cheaper Stamina 1300. The seat can be adjusted for a wide range of heights, meeting the needs of short and tall riders.
- Good Pedals: Cheap pedals are often a problem on low-priced exercise bikes, but we haven’t heard complaints about pedals on this model. They don’t seem to break off, and they move quietly.
- No Power Cord: Convenient! Batteries power the Stamina 5325’s console, and there’s no power cord. This makes it easier to position the bike for use in any room.
- Weight Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 250 pounds.
- Compact Size: The Stamina Magnetic 5325 is one of the smallest indoor trainers we’ve seen. Its footprint is just 44″ long x 19″ wide.
- Easy to Move: This bike has a transport wheel, which makes it easy to move from room to room. Also, since it doesn’t have a cord, the bike can be placed just about anywhere.
- Warranty: The warranty isn’t long, but it’s fair for the bike’s price. Buyers get one year of frame protection and 90 days of parts protection. Extended warranties may be available.
This exercise bike gets mostly positive customer reviews. The most common complaint about this Stamina is faulty resistance, with the bike being stuck at one level. (This might be related to owners’ errors during setup; attaching the tension cable correctly can be confusing.) Here are some other potential drawbacks of choosing the Stamina 5325 Magnetic Stationary Upright Bike.
- Grip Heart Rate Monitor: Grip sensors are provided on the handlebars for heart rate checks during exercise. It’s too bad that they’re not very accurate! We don’t recommend relying on this monitor for serious guidance; using a separate device would be smart.
- Simple Console: The console is reminiscent of those on much older bikes. It provides all the essentials, but it isn’t exactly riveting. Without there being any on-board entertainment, you’ll want to park this bike in front of a TV or near a radio.
- Awkward for Tall Riders: The seat can be adjusted for a taller person’s stride length. However, the handlebars don’t move up as high as they should for somebody around 6 feet, so the riding position could feel awkward.
Who Should Ride the Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Stationary Bike?
The Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Stationary Bike is meant for customers seeking a pretty good challenge in terms of resistance. This quietly-running bike is a great tool for burning calories, gaining endurance and developing the leg muscles. It is stable for up to 250 pounds and adjustable to most adult heights.
The Bottom Line
The Stamina 5325 Magnetic Upright Stationary Bike supports vigorous cardio training and muscle toning. It is one of the few $300 trainers that provides both strong resistance and preset workouts. Although its warranty is pretty short, this machine generally provides enough effective exercise sessions to justify the purchase.