Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike Review
The Avari Conversion Rower/Recumbent Bike lets trainees choose from two types of low-impact exercise. Whether used for stationary cycling or rowing, this hybrid fitness…
Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike Specs
How We Reviewed This Model
Get two machines in one! The well-built Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike supports two types of low-impact workouts and easily converts from one mode to the other. Whether used for stationary cycling or rowing, the Avari Conversion II operates remarkably quietly and can give eight levels of light to moderate resistance. Its data screen shows standard readouts and has an odometer too, letting an owner log their miles over a long time period.
This hybrid fitness machine isn’t meant for bulking up, but rather for toning the whole body, maintaining a healthy weight and getting aerobic activity. Its reclining design and smooth movement provide exercise that’s low-stress on the body. Since its resistance is light, and there’s a good range of motion, the Avrai Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike is sometimes used for physical therapy too.
The Avari Conversion II sells online for about $699. It originally sold for $899. Here’s a point-by-point review of its features.
The GreatHere are some reasons people invest in the Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike.
- Space-Saving: The Avari Conversion II especially makes sense to people short on space. It is two exercise machines in one, and changing the machine from one mode to another is truly quick and easy. It measures about 2 feet x 3 feet when folded.
- Strong Frame: The Avari Conversion II is sturdy. It has a steel frame and an extruded aluminum beam. The frame is under three-year warranty.
- Seated Ride: This hybrid has a supportive seat back to relieve stress. The chair adjusts to fit different riders’ preferences.
- Data: The Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike displays the standards: distance, time, speed and calories. It also displays pulse (although maybe not so accurately) and has an odometer, which is quite motivating.
- Quiet Operation: Owners consistently report quiet operation whether they use this machine for rowing or cycling.
- Comfortable Pedals: The pedals move along a comfortable path and have shoe straps for safety.
- Two Sets of Bars: In addition to handlebars up front, this hybrid rower/recumbent bike has side bars. These support stable hand placement for rowing.
- Assembly: The Avari Conversion II doesn’t contain many parts and the building instructions are clear. Assembly can be accomplished in an hour or less.
- Optional Bottle Holder: When ordering, buyers can choose to add a water bottle holder and/or water bottle filter.
- User-Generated Power: This two-in-one fitness machine won’t add a penny to your energy bill. Its console is powered by energy from the user’s exercise. This eliminates the need for a power cord or batteries.
- Weight Capacity: The weight capacity is 250 pounds.
- Foldable: The Avari Conversion II is a bit long when in use: 74.5″ long x 23.5″ wide x 34 high. It is still suitable for apartment living though, and when folded it measures just 34″ long x 23.5″ wide x 56.5″ high.
Here are some possible downsides of choosing the Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike.
- No Preset Programs: This machine doesn’t include preset workouts with fixed speeds or resistance levels. Since riders need to rely on manual tension adjustment, it’s virtually impossible to replicate “Rolling Hills” and other rides provided on pricier stationary bikes.
- Inaccurate Pulse: The heart rate data displayed on this machine should be taken with a grain of salt. Customers have observed that the pulse monitoring system isn’t so accurate.
- Short Parts Warranty: The Avari Conversion II Magnetic Recumbent carries a substandard 90-days parts warranty. It’s a good idea to assemble this product as soon as possible to get the full advantage of the short replacement period if needed. The frame is protected for three years, which is fair enough for the price.
Who Should Choose the Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike?
The Bottom Line
The Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike is a clever hybrid trainer that provides safe, comfortable aerobic workouts. It lends itself to rehabilitative training and other low-intensity exercise sessions. This fitness machine is likely to get plenty of use and far outlive its warranty.