SEE BEST PRICE
Vision R70 Commercial Recumbent Bike Review
See below for the best alternative model.
How We Reviewed This Model
Compared Against 100+ other Indoor Bikes
Designed for enhanced comfort and convenience, the Vision R70 Commercial Recumbent Bike is a popular choice for physical rehabilitation as well as everyday training. Made with a heavy steel frame and other high-quality components, this bike gets long warranties on parts: seven years for residential buyers, five years for commercial gyms.
Comfortable reclined seating with lumbar support helps provide low-impact exercise. As for programming, a large LED screen with remote control makes it easy to adjust 14 preset programs mid-workout. Heart rate monitoring, a water bottle holder, reading rack and accessory tray are included on the U70 bike too.
This $2699 fitness machine (originally $2999) has a good warranty and uses self-generated power to save on electricity expenses. Is it the best bike for your gym? Here are some pros and cons to consider.
This bike doesn’t demand too much space despite its recumbent frame. It measures 67″ long x 28″ wide, making it appropriate for commercial gyms and home workout rooms. If the Vision R70 fits your space, here are some other advantages to consider.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Vision Fitness bike frames are virtually indestructible. The R70’s steel frame has a lifetime guarantee. The whole bike weighs about 160 pounds and has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Strong Resistance: The R70 has a 30-pound flywheel to provide a good range of strength challenge. There are 20 resistance levels.
- Heart Rate Monitors: The Vision R70 Commercial Recumbent Bike has contact grips and a wireless heart rate receiver. The contact grips are located on the handlebars. Because this bike has remote control for the workout programs, a rider can adjust the programs and get a contact heart rate reading simultaneously.
- Preset Programs: This machine has an easy-to-use 9″ LED screen with guidance for a variety of training goals. Exclusive to this manufacturer is the Sprint 8 workout program for rapid fat loss. The program menu also includes Manual, Interval, Fat Burn, and Watts plus four heart rate programs: HRT Cardio, HRT Weight Loss, HRT Interval and HRT Hill. There’s room to save five custom programs too.
- Data: A great amount of data can be displayed. Riders can customize the display to show Distance, Speed, Calories, RPM, Level, Watts, Time, METs, Heart Rate, Percent Heart Rate and Target Heart Rate.
- High Capacity: This sturdy fitness machine has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Adjustable Seat: The seat is adjustable forward and backward to fit riders of different heights.
- Adjustable Handlebars: For rider comfort and convenience, the contact heart rate monitoring works with multiple handlebar grip positions.
- Water Bottle Holder: The Vision R70 has an integrated water bottle holder.
- Self-Generating Power: Save on energy costs with the Vision R70 Commercial and place it anywhere in your workout room. It runs off of user-generated energy.
- Warranty: This product has a great warranty for the price. The frame has a lifetime guarantee. For residential use all parts and electronics are under warranty for seven years, and for commercial use they’re protected for five years. Labor is provided during the first two years of ownership in either setting.
Here are some potential drawbacks of investing in the Vision R70 Commercial Recumbent Bike.
- No High-Tech Entertainment: This exercise bike has a reading rack, but it doesn’t have a jack for MP3 players or other high-tech entertainment support.
- Resistance System: The resistance system is smooth-running for many years, but it’s mechanical. In the long term it will likely need maintenance sooner than a comparable bike with magnetic resistance.
- Price: The V70 costs more than many other exercise bikes we’ve reviewed. However, it also has an extra-long warranty and better programming options than lots of its competitors.
Who Should Ride the Vision R70 Recumbent Bike?
The Vision R70 Commercial Recumbent Bike is a classic fitness machine for any setting. Whether used at home, in a rehab center or in a commercial gym, it’s likely to last for a long time. This bike is best for muscle toning, weight loss and cardiovascular training.
The Bottom Line
The Vision R70 Commercial Recumbent Bike is a popular ride for shared or private use. With good program variety, strong resistance and a seven-year parts warranty for residential buyers, the R70 is a recommended buy for luxury shoppers and gym owners.
Vision R70 Commercial Recumbent Bike Specs
|Console display||Standard LED|
|Resistance||Two-stage generator; 1 -20|
|Seat type||Club Comfort Arc Seat /w Lumbar Control|
|Dimensions||67" L x 28" W x 53" H|