NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle Review
This is a fantastic bike for delivering a top notch workout to those who put in the time. With so much variety in programming…
NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle Specs
|Console display||14” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Seat type||Padded and adjustable|
|Dimensions||55.75” L x 22” W x 61” H|
How We Reviewed This Model
If you’re after a quality bike that offers a number of excellent features to make your ride more enjoyable, you are going to love what the NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle has to offer.
This bike is built to last with a sturdy, durable frame and an inertia enhanced flywheel. This will help ensure that no matter what workout you have planned, you’ll get a smooth ride the full way through.
The S15i also features a 14 inch Smart HD Touchscreen, which will give you the maximum viewing experience as you watch live streamed workouts or use the Google Maps feature to take your workout around the world.
You’ll also get incline and decline capability on this bike, which is going to be ideal for anyone who’s looking to one-up their workouts and take them to the next level.
It comes equipped with one-touch controls as well, which will make it easy to toggle between resistance levels or inclines, ensuring that you never lose that flow as you go about your workout session.
NordicTrack built this bike to be as silent as possible as well, so you can ride in confidence that no one around you is going to be hearing you do your workout, giving you the freedom to exercise at any point during the day.
- 1 Year Free iFit Membership. Need the help of a personal trainer? iFit will deliver. This app gives you all that you need in a workout program and will help assist you no matter what your goals happen to be. As it is membership based, purchasing this machine gives you one year free access, after which you’ll be billed $39 per month to maintain it.
- Add Excitement To Your Workout Session. In addition to the classes that come with iFit, another great benefit is that you’ll also get the Google Maps feature, which lets you ride anywhere you like in the world. Just pick your spot and you can watch the scenery around you on the screen.
- Cross Training Abilities. While cardio is great for good health, you can also use this bike to help strengthen your muscles as well. Once you get off the bike, simply turn the screen and follow one of the many weight lifting sessions included with your iFit membership.
- 14” Smart HD Touchscreen. You’ll be in heaven when you watch your streamed workouts on this large monitor screen. This comes in especially helpful when you are using Google Maps to take your workouts across the world. This screen also swivels so you can easily tilt it away from the bike if you are looking to do some cross training exercises.
- High Level Resistance. You’ll have no shortage of challenge opportunities with this bike. It comes with 22 digital levels of resistance, which means you can quickly adjust as you go about your workout when you need extra challenge. This makes this an ideal investment for someone who is both a beginner as well as an intermediate trainee.
- One Touch Controls. Your fingers never have to leave the handlebars. Hit the simple one touch controls and never skip a beat in your workout session.
- Ultra Quiet Design. Worried about disturbing your family as you ride? Don’t be. This bike is incredibly quiet – so quiet you’ll hardly even know it’s running.
- Excellent Weight Capacity. At a 350 lb. weight capacity, virtually no one is excluded from using this bike. With such a high weight capacity, you can feel confident that it’s built to last.
- One Year Labor Warranty. The labor warranty on this bike is relatively low at just one year. While this is fairly ‘standard’ in the industry for many pieces of exercise equipment, it’s a shame because if something should go wrong after that first year, you will be on the hook to pay labor costs.
- iFit Ongoing Costs. While iFit is great, it does come with ongoing costs that you must not forget about. If you decide you love this feature (and many people will get hooked on it after trying it for the first free year!), you’ll need to invest $39 per month to keep going. While this is cheap in comparison to buying continuous personal training sessions, if you weren’t planning on buying personal training at all, it now becomes an added monthly bill that you will have to bare.
- 3 lb. Dumbbells Are Near Useless. The 3 lb. dumbbells are nearly useless and just take up extra room on this bike. While if you use them while biking, they could provide some upper body resistance, most people who are looking to gain upper body strength are far better off just doing resistance training off their cardio machine and using heavier weights that challenge themselves.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE NORDICTRACK COMMERCIAL S15i STUDIO CYCLE?
There really isn’t a single person who this bike isn’t well suited for. Because of it’s wide range of resistance levels and the high user weight capacity, pretty much everyone can benefit from what it has to offer.
Beginner, advanced, young, old, female or male, you can find yourself at home with this Studio Cycle.
The Bottom Line
The NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle fantastic bike for delivering a top notch workout to those who put in the time. With so much variety in programming with the many resistance levels as well as the incline and decline feature, you simply can’t go wrong with it.
It’s a bike that’s built for both longevity as well as comfort, so you’ll find yourself right at home when using it.
Those who are hoping to maximize their training will also really love the added iFit feature as it’ll sure you never get bored and can continue making progress at all times.