ProForm Studio Pro 22 Bike Review
Also highly adjustable is the screen placement: The bike's 22-inch screen can pivot a full 180 degrees. This lets you take advantage of all…
ProForm Studio Pro 22 Bike Specs
|Console display||22" Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Weight capacity||250 LBS|
|Dimensions||56.5" L x 21.9" W x 54" H|
How We Reviewed This Model
Named for its 22″ touchscreen and live studio classes, the Studio Pro 22 Exercise Bike is ProForm’s most engaging stationary bike yet—designed to compete with the Peloton Bike, the NordicTrack S22i, and others. The wide screen delivers a huge range of live and on-demand programming, so from the comfort of home you can immerse yourself in a bike studio’s energy and benefit from world-class coaching. Updated for 2021, this new models ditches the incline and decline function it once had, in favor of a lower price of entry.
- 22-Inch Touchscreen: A 22″ touchscreen sets the Studio Pro 22 apart from ProForm’s lower bike models. Designed with 180° swivel, it can serve as your high-def display for exercise courses both on and off the bike.
- Live and On-Demand Classes: This new and popular model is proving to be a good replacement for a gym membership. You can try a different session on-demand every day, and ride along with world-class certified fitness professionals.
- iFit Membership Included: New bike owners register for a free one-year family membership with iFit, which provides access to the aforementioned classes, and the ability to track comprehensive fitness and health data for multiple users in the household.
- More Than Just Cycling: With full access to iFit, and the fact that the screen of the Studio Pro 22 swivels 180 degrees, you can follow along with a wide range of off-bike streaming workouts as well, including strength training, stretching, yoga, cross training, and others.
- Frictionless Resistance: Patented Silent Magnetic Resistance lets ProForm Studio bikes make frictionless transitions among resistance settings. This helps the Studio Pro 22 serve quietly in your home. A different line of ProForm exercise bikes, the Road Series, uses digital gears.
- Comfortable Seating: The Studio bike saddle is padded for comfort and can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally. It has a universal stem too, so you can install your own bike seat if desired.
- Two Pedal Choices: For secure rides you have two pedal options. One side of each pedal has adjustable toe straps and the other side has shoe clips.
- Convenient Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle holder is integrated with the bike frame to help you stay hydrated.
- Easy to Move: Transport wheels are attached for easy repositioning of the bike. Levelers are also included.
- Learning Curve: Understanding all the capabilities of the Studio Pro 22 could take awhile. The console technology isn’t as intuitive as what you get with simpler exercise bikes.
- Extra Cost: Purchase of the bike includes a one-year subscription to iFit Coach Plus. After the first year, the fee is $39/month.
- Warranty: The parts warranty is valid for two years. While that’s a good amount of time, it’s not as generous as what you might expect for the bike’s retail price.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE PROFORM STUDIO PRO 22 INDOOR CYCLE?
The Studio Pro 22 is best for riders interested in intense exercise and frequent workouts. It’s recommended for weight loss, weight management, strength training and cardiovascular toning. ProForm Studio bikes can fit shorter and taller individuals alike, and each unit can support up to 250 pounds.
The Bottom Line
The ProForm Studio Pro 22 brings the gym experience to your home, pairing high-performance equipment with professional fitness coaching. While at first the 22″ screen might seem frivolous, it makes a significant difference to workouts by allowing highly immersive experiences — and since the screen can swivel, it doubles as a video workout monitor for your whole workout area.
At $1,499 the Proform is quite competitive, coming in $500 cheaper than the similar-spec NordicTrack S22i.