A High-End Spin Bike with Shimano Pedals
The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle is a top choice for serious spinners. This gym-quality spin bike offers a wide range of resistance levels and is designed to run for many years. It's available with customized upholstery and a choice of six frame colors.
The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle is a gym-quality spin bike. It provides 24 levels of smooth magnetic resistance, controlled with a computer for convenience and precision. Other highlights include wireless heart rate monitoring, Shimano Combo pedals, and wheels for easy transport.
This exercise bike can be made to order with your choice of 14 upholstery colors and six paint colors. Its online price of about $1,800 includes a 10-year frame warranty and three-year parts warranty. Part by part, here’s our review of the Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle.
- Feels Like a Road Bike: The Keiser M3 does a nice job of mimicking a road bike. You can get the sensation of riding uphill and being in the right gear.
- Wide Range of Resistance: Riders are very pleased with the digital resistance. There are 24 tensions levels ranging from light to very powerful.
- Quiet Operation: The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle uses eddy current or magnetic resistance for a smooth and quiet ride.
- Comfortable Adjustable Seat: The saddle adjusts vertically and horizontally to fit most adults. It is cushioned and feels something like memory foam. The seat can also be exchanged with any standard bicycle seat.
- Adjustable Handlebars: The handlebars have adjustable height two positions.
- Workout Data: The Keiser M Series Computer is a simple unit showing resistance, time, distance, RPM and watts/kcal. It also has an odometer. This computer uses smart backlighting; it is sensitive to ambient light and kicks in when needed. More advanced consoles are available too: The Standard console has two windows and lets riders save their data. The Power console has five windows and an eChip for accessing the data on a personal computer.
- SPD Combo Pedals: The M3 Indoor Cycle has Shimano Combo pedals. These are standard on one side and SPD-compatible on the other.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor: The various data consoles can all show heart rate data. These readouts are much more accurate than those found on cheaper bikes. However, the compatible chest straps are sold separately. Depending on the brand and features they cost about $49 to $99.
- No Electrical Outlet Required: The data consoles are powered by D batteries. This bike doesn’t use electrical outlets.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle platform is attached. Keiser calls it a “gravity based” water bottle holder because no cage is needed for support.
- Compact Size: The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Trainer doesn’t demand much space. It is 45″ tall and has a 49″ x 26″ footprint.
- Easy to Move: Transport wheels are attached to the front. Just tilt the bike and it can easily be rolled away.
- Easy Assembly: For most customers this machine is easy to build in about 30-45 minutes.
- Warranty: Buyers get ten years of frame protection and three years of parts protection. Wear parts such as the upholstery and paint are covered for six months.
This cycle trainer gets mostly positive customer reviews. Still, here are some possible drawbacks of choosing the Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle.
- No Preset Programs: Keiser bikes are often used in spin class where there’s an instructor. For home use, some riders would like to have preset rides.
- Not Very Adjustable Bars: The handlebars are positioned uncomfortably for some riders. The Keiser M3 Plus offers more customization.
- Odd Odometer: Keiser’s odometer doesn’t use miles, kilometers or another common unit of measurement. Instead it advances one unit for every 200 revolutions.
- Higher Price: Keiser exercise bikes are durable enough for commercial gyms. Accordingly, they cost more than the average bike for home use.
Who Should Ride the Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle?
The Bottom Line
The Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle is engineered to provide aerobic training and muscle toning for a wide range of resistance levels. It’s a great choice for people seeking a gym-quality spin bike that should last for many years.
Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Specs:
|Resistance:||24 Resistance Levels|
|Dimensions:||45" L x 26" W x 49" H|