SEE BEST PRICE
Flexispot Deskcise Pro Bike Review
The Flexispot Deskcise Pro is a stationary bike made especially for the home office. Its versatility allows for cycling, sitting or standing – enough…
SEE BEST PRICE
Flexispot Deskcise Pro Bike Specs
|Console display||Basic Console|
|Dimensions||35” L x 23.2” W x 48.4" H|
How We Reviewed This Model
Compared Against 100+ other Indoor Bikes
The Flexispot Deskcise Pro is a good option for anyone who’s worried their work life has become too sedentary and wants to add some physical activity into the mix. It’s common knowledge that sitting for hours at a desk is unhealthy, which is why it’s so great that we’re seeing a lot of office furniture/workout equipment hybrids to address this issue. One of the favorite choices—particularly for the home office—is the Flexispot Deskcise Pro, which allows you to sit, cycle or stand while working. This is a bike for light to moderate workouts, so if you are looking for a serious workout bike you should look elsewhere.
Upon arrival, the Deskcise Pro is easy to assemble; all there is to do is add the desk to the frame. The desk (20”x 22.8”) includes a rubber wrist rest and can be raised or lowered or moved back and forth to accommodate your preferences.
The eight levels of resistance offer more than just movement. If you turn the knob to the higher levels you can expect to really feel the burn (depending on your fitness level). The pedals run smoothly and quietly, which is important when you’re working or on a call.
The monitor is basic, but provides the stats on time, speed, distance, calories burned and RPM.
The range in seat height should be enough for anyone between 5”1 – 6”2 and can be adjusted quite easily.
Although it does allow you to sit, cycle and stand, the standing desk option may be awkward as the seat is in the way while you stand at the desk. You could stand in front of the bike and turn your laptop around, but the wrist rest would be on the other side. There’s no perfect answer here. Furthermore, although the Flexispot Deskcise seat is pretty comfortable for a bike seat, sitting on any bike seat for extended periods tends to get uncomfortable eventually. You’ll probably need to switch up your work position throughout the day.
The Flexispot Deskcise Pro is compact and sturdy, weighing about 90 lbs, and has a weight capacity of 300 lbs which makes it a good choice for most riders. It’s also on wheels, so it can be easily rolled out of the way when not in use.
- Price: The price point is low (less that $500).
- Desk : The ability to adjust up/down as well as back & forth allows each user to find the most comfortable position for their size and frame. The rubber wrist rest adds another element of comfort.
- Resistance Levels: Eight levels of resistance, albeit fairly light, are just right for a bit of a workout while you work.
- Seat Height: The seat height is easily adjustable and can accommodate anyone from 5’1 to 6’2.
- Cup holder: This encourages you to stay hydrated whether working or riding.
- Maximum weight capacity: The maximum weight capacity is 300 lbs, the standard for most stationary bikes.
- Size: The bike is compact and easy to move around, although it is a little on the heavy side (around 90 lbs).
- Console: The monitor is basic but tracks the necessities: speed, RPM, distance, calories burned and time.
- Pedals: The pedals are smooth and quiet. Flexiport provides rubber covers to make it more comfortable whether you are in shoes, socks or bare feet.
- Quick and Easy Assembly: It is easy to put together, you only have to add the desk.
- Desktop: The surface laminate is a bit slippery so you may want to use a non-slip mat. Additionally, the desktop can feel a bit shaky.
- Standing: Riding and sitting are fine, but if you want to stand and use the desk the seat gets in the way.
- Warranty: There is a 3-year warranty for the frame and a 1-year warranty for the electronics. A 1-year warranty always feels a bit short.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE FLEXISPOT DESKCISE PRO DESK?
The Flexispot Deskcise Pro can be used by just about anyone who wants a light-to-moderate workout while they work and is an especially good option for someone who works from home. Your family can also benefit since this bike is perfect for hopping on and casually pedaling away while you play around on a laptop, read a book or watch TV.
The Bottom Line
The Flexispot Deskcise Pro offers different options to help add some movement and versatility to a sedentary work environment, giving you the option to sit, cycle or stand. The bike is very easy to assemble—you just attach the desk—and provides a sturdy, comfortable ride. The design allows you to adjust the desk back and forth as well as up and down to achieve the perfect position. It’s not ideal as a standing desk (the bike seat makes working at the desk from the standing position quite awkward), but overall this bike is designed well for its purpose—to get you moving while you work. We wouldn’t recommend it as a suitable workstation for a full eight-hour work day, but the option to hop on and off a few times a day gives you a chance to add some physical activity to a typically sedentary work routine for less than $500.