Landice U7 Review
The U7 is an aesthetically-designed and self-powered machine that will complement any residential application. Built with user in mind, the Landice U7 is a…
Landice U7 Specs
|Console display||LED display|
|Weight capacity||350 LBS|
|Dimensions||44.56” L x 24.72” W x 58.11” H|
How We Reviewed This Model
The Landice U7 home exercise bike is a top choice for bike shoppers seeking long-term fitness solutions. It’s identical to the U9 upright exercise bike sold to health clubs, but for residential use it has a lifetime warranty.
Durability is a major strength of Landice. Workout guidance is a big advantage too. While some bikes are made simply for riding ‘til you tire, the U7 has 10 professionally-designed workout programs and lets the rider add another five. Workout programs automate the bike’s resistance to support goals for calorie burn, speed training, interval training and more. This bike is meant to support comfortable cross training at a wide range of intensity levels, and it has 12 height settings to fit a wide range of trainees.
Some owners set their bikes near home entertainment centers. With Landice you can also bring digital entertainment aboard by adding your mobile device or attaching a flat-screen TV. One option for on-board TV is the Landice Vision System ($800), which has a 19” screen and a remote control.
- Commercial Quality: Landice exercise bikes are fully commercial quality. For home use the U7 parts and electronics have lifetime warranties.
- Convenient Size: Like most upright bikes the Landice U7 is sized conveniently for most homes. It measures just 45″ long and 25″ wide.
- Racing Handlebars: Racing-style handlebars let you ride with serious competitive style.
- Supports Digital Entertainment: You can add motivation to your ride with on-board digital entertainment. Landice upright bikes have tablet-friendly console ledges, plus they’re compatible with the 19” Landice Vision System TV. The Landice Vision TV has remote control and can stream programming from a wide range of providers.
- Exercise Data: Landice bike consoles provide an above-average amount of fitness feedback. Dox matrix data windows show speed, distance, calories per workout, calories per minute, heart rate, METs, RPM and more. Additionally green, yellow and red lights can indicate your heart rate zone.
- Advanced Cardio Training: The Landice U7 helps optimize cardio training with data and heart rate controlled workouts. For data monitoring it provides a contact grip system, and for greater convenience it’s compatible with a wireless chest strap. Wearing a chest strap you can use workout programs that automate the U7 flywheel resistance in response to heart rate data, helping you exercise within a targeted zone.
- Adjustable Resistance: The U7 bike lets you customize strength training with 20 magnetically-controlled resistance levels. Settings range from 60 to 400 Watts to support everything from gentle rehabilitative exercise to high intensity interval training.
- Standard Amenities: Standard on the Landice U7 is a three-speed fan, a media shelf, a bottle holder and an accessory pocket.
- Easily Assembled: This fitness machine arrives mostly assembled, and finishing the job is easy. Steps are clearly explained with photographs you can see at the Landice website.
- Customer Service: Consistently providing excellent service online and by phone helps Landice earn positive customer reviews.
- Price: The U7 exercise bike is expensive. Its starting price is $2,895.
- Seat Adjustability: The seat has 12 vertical settings but can’t be moved backward or forward. People who are especially tall or short might not find a perfect fit.
- Not a Connected Exercise Bike: Unlike some other models, this stationary bike lacks technology for connecting with live classes or mobile apps.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE LANDICE U7?
The Landice U7 is suitable for light to moderately intense workouts. It’s also marketed as the U9 Upright Rehab Bike, which conveys the gentleness of its lightest resistance settings. This fitness machine supports a wide range of user objectives such as improving cardiovascular endurance, managing weight and toning the the lower body.
Adjustable seat height helps this Landice fit adults of most heights. The bike frame can support up to 350 pounds.
The Bottom Line
The Landice U7 is an exercise bike for serious home gym shoppers. It’s priced higher than most stationary bikes on our review site, but this model features club-quality parts and wiring to last a lifetime. For many shoppers Landice’s customizable bike workouts and easy integration of digital entertainment complete the profile of an ideal high-end home exercise bike.