Stamina 1350 Magnetic Exercise Bike Review
The low-priced Stamina 1350 Magnetic Recumbent Bike is equipped with gentle resistance and a reclined seat, inviting riders to take long rides while reading…
Stamina 1350 Magnetic Exercise Bike Specs
Why You Should Trust Us
The Stamina 1350 Magnetic Recumbent Bike supports low-impact aerobic exercise with relatively light tension. This comfortable reclining bike gives feedback about speed, distance, time elapsed and calories burned. Its cushioned seat with high back provides good lumbar support, and arm rests are included for overall stability.
A recumbent bike like the Stamina 1350 Magnetic can be an excellent choice for people with body pain or limited mobility. It’s also a smart way to prevent exercise-related injuries; reclined seating removes stress from the back and joints, and the cycling movement is low-impact, not jarring to the body.
The list price of just $250 has recently dropped to $199. The purchase includes a limited five-year warranty. Here’s a feature-by-feature review of the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike.
The GreatThis bike supports cardiovascular workouts that aren’t likely to bring much muscle burn. Here are some specific reasons people choose the recumbent Stamina 1350.
- Sturdy Frame: The Stamina Magnetic 1350 Recumbent Bike has a steel frame with maximum 250-pound user weight capacity.
- Comfortable Seat: The seat is an important factor when choosing an exercise bike — especially if the seat can’t be exchanged for another. This bike gets a comfortable seat that helps people comfortably complete long exercise sessions.
- Lighter Resistance: This bike has a tension knob for adjusting the challenge level. Many owners have observed that the tension range is minimal though; the toughest level is much like the easiest level. It ends up making this a good bike for endurance training but not for bulking up.
- Quiet Operation: The Stamina Magnetic Recumbent 1350 spins and brakes very quietly. Magnetic resistance helps make a smooth ride.
- Workout Data: The Stamina Magnetic 1350 shows distance, elapsed time and speed along with an estimate of calories burned.
- Good Pedals: Pedals on this bike spin smoothly and quietly. A drawback though is the absence of toe clips for stability.
- Compact Size: The this recumbent bike has a very small footprint.
- Weight Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 250 pounds.
- Warranty: The warranty isn’t long, but it’s fair for the bike’s price. When purchasing directly from Stamina Products, buyers get one year of frame protection and 90 days of parts protection. Extended warranties may be available.
This residential exercise bike gets mostly positive reviews from customers expecting light workouts. Still, here are some complaints about the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Recumbent Bike.
- Assembly: Assembling this product isn’t always smooth sailing. Sometimes people receive imperfect parts, and the instructions aren’t very clear. As one person put it, “By the time I assembled the bike, I was too tired to ride it.”
- No Preset Programs: Workout programs would be very helpful. This bike shows session data but not have preset workouts. Shoppers with another $100 to spend could bump up to the Programmable Magnetic 4825, which has six preset workouts.
- No Heart Rate Monitor: Heart rate monitors can be very useful during exercise and to help people track fitness progress. This bike doesn’t have a heart rate reader.
- No Transport Wheels: Unlike other Stamina exercise bikes, this unit doesn’t have any wheels for easy transport. It weighs about 57 pounds and may be awkward to move.
- Imperfect Machines: Quality control over this product could be improved. About 5% of customers seem to receive bikes that were damaged during shipment or just don’t work as intended. To avoid hassles, it’s a good idea to choose a cheap extended warranty.
Who Should Ride the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Recumbent Bike?
The Bottom Line
The Stamina 1350 Magnetic Recumbent Bike supports low-stress aerobic training and muscle toning. Priced under $200, it’s a basic exercise bike that does its job rather well.
If this machine is too simple for your tastes, then consider the Stamina Programmable Magnetic 4825 Recumbent Bike. It costs just a bit more than the 1350 and includes six workout programs.