SEE BEST PRICE
Vision U40 Upright Bike Review
See below for the best alternative model.
How We Reviewed This Model
Compared Against 100+ other Indoor Bikes
The Vision U40 Upright Stationary Bike is well-made and available with enticing options to enhance any workout room. It’s available with a short light commercial warranty or a long residential warranty.
Customers choose from three consoles: Classic, Elegant and Touch. These have five, 13 and 17 preset programs respectively — and the most exciting perk on this bike is the interactive workout videos. These respond to rider speed and intensity to create realistic immersive experiences. First, two Virtual Active videos are built into the Elegant and Touch consoles. Second, the U40 has Passport Player compatibility. With Passport Player videos, riders positioned in front of a TV can virtually experience beautiful destinations worldwide!
This bike’s long residential parts warranty helps make it a very appealing buy. But is it the best exercise bike for you? Here are some pros and cons to consider about the Vision U40 Upright Stationary Bike.
The choice of console
helps the Vision U40 appeal to a wide range of shoppers. The Classic console is very basic yet provides workout programs and heart rate data; the Elegant console has a 7″ touch screen and 13 programs including video; and the Touch console has a 10″ touch screen with 17 programs including video. Besides that, here are some of this machine’s advantages.
- Data: The Vision Touch and Elegant consoles provide more data than any other exercise bike consoles we’ve reviewed. Riders can customize the displays to show specific fields too. The options include Distance, Speed, Calories, Calories Per Hour, RPM, Level, Watts, Total Time, Time Remaining, Time Elapsed, METs, Heart Rate, Percent Heart Rate and Target Heart Rate.
- Preset Workout Programs: Preset programs are included with every console.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Vision Fitness bike frames are virtually indestructible and the U40’s frame has a lifetime guarantee. It is built from heavy steel and has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Heart Rate Monitors: The Vision U40 Upright Bike has contact grips on the handlebars and a wireless heart rate receiver. A chest strap is included for the wireless receiver when customers buy one of the advanced consoles (Elegant or Touch).
- Magnetic Brake: The U40’s resistance is controlled with an eddy current braking system. This frictionless magnetic system promotes quiet operation and longevity.
- Device Charger: All versions of this bike have a USB port to charge electronics drawing up to one amp.
- Audio: An iPod connection and speaker set are built into the Vision Touch consoles.
- Water Bottle Holder: The Vision U40 has an integrated water bottle holder.
- High Capacity: This fitness machine has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Footprint: The Vision U40 is a compact exercise bike. It has a footprint of just 41″ x 27″. It’s 59″ tall.
- Warranty: This exercise bike has a great residential warranty for the price. For residential use all parts and electronics are under warranty for five years and labor is free during the first two years. For commercial settings the warranty isn’t so hot; parts are only covered for a year and the machine can’t be used for more than three hours per day. Labor is provided during the first year of ownership.
The Vision U40 has lots of appeal. Still, there might be some drawbacks.
- Resistance: The U40 has a 24-pound flywheel. Depending on their workout objectives, elite athletes and other stronger-than-average people won’t feel enough challenge.
- Not Super-Adjustable: This bike has an up/down adjustable seat and handlebars with different grip options. However, it’s not as adjustable as other stationary bikes. It might not be the best exercise bike for short or tall riders.
- Extra Costs: The Passport Player and Passport videos cost extra. Also, unlike the Vision U70 Commercial Upright Bike, this model will add a bit to your electricity bill. It doesn’t use green energy but gets plugged in instead.
Who Should Ride the Vision U40?
The Vision U40 Upright Stationary Bike is a great choice for households with beginning to mid-level athletes. Its choice of consoles helps make the bike right for different sorts of shoppers, from those who just want basics to people who appreciate speakers, video and other extras.
The Bottom Line
The Vision U40 Upright Stationary Bike is a great choice for home gyms; it can be tailored to different households’ needs — basic or luxurious — and has a long residential warranty.
For light commercial or commercial use, however, the Vision U70 Commercial Stationary Bike is a better value.
Vision U40 Upright Bike Specs
|Console display||Extra-large LED|
|Resistance||ECB magnetic brake 1 - 20 Levels|
|Seat type||Comfort Arc upright seat|
|Dimensions||41" L x 27" W x 59" H|