SEE BEST PRICE
Vision R20 Recumbent Bike Review
See below for the best alternative model.
How We Reviewed This Model
Compared Against 100+ other Indoor Bikes
Available with basic to luxurious programming, the easy-to-ride Vision R20 Recumbent Bike is sold with a variety of options. It has a selection of three consoles up to 17 workout programs, supports interactive workout videos, and has a long residential warranty. The Vision R20 is the least expensive bike in its series, yet it’s durable enough to carry a five-year parts warranty for residential use.
Prices start at $1,399 and go up depending on choice of three consoles: Classic, 7″ Elegant and 10″ Touch. These consoles have five, 13 and 17 preset programs respectively — and the Elegant and Touch consoles get two Virtual Active workout videos each. These videos respond to any rider’s speed and intensity to create realistic outdoor riding experiences.
All versions of the Vision R20 Recumbent Bike have Passport Player compatibility too. With Passport Player’s unique high-def videos, riders positioned in front of a TV can virtually tour beautiful destinations from around the world!
Is this the best exercise bike for your home gym? Here are some pros and cons to consider about the Vision R20 Recumbent Bike.
A main advantage of this exercise bike is its comfortable recumbent seating. The chair-like bike seat provides lumbar support while positioning the rider for low-impact exercise. Additionally, here are some reasons people like the Vision R20.
- Preset Workout Programs: Preset programs are included with each console type. Some are basic workouts and some use interactive video.
- Console Selection: Three console choices help make the Vision R20 appeal to almost anyone. The Classic console is basic yet easy to read with a large data screen. It has five workout programs and includes heart rate among other data. The Elegant console has a 7″ touch screen and 13 preset programs, and the Touch console has a 10″ touch screen with 17 preset programs. Video workouts and ViaFit data tracking are provided on the Elegant and Touch models. An iPod connection and speaker set are built into the Vision Touch console.
- Data: Bikes with the Vision Touch and Elegant consoles provide plenty of workout data. The screens can show the rider’s choice of Distance, Speed, Calories, Calories Per Hour, RPM, Level, Watts, Total Time, Time Remaining, Time Elapsed, METs, Heart Rate, Percent Heart Rate and Target Heart Rate.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Vision Fitness bike frames have lifetime guarantees. The 141-pound Vision R20 bike has a heavy steel frame and 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Heart Rate Monitors: The Vision R20 Recumbent Bike gives two options for heart rate monitoring. There are contact grips on the handlebars and a Polar wireless heart rate receiver. A chest strap is included for the wireless telemetry when customers choose the Vision Elegant or Touch consoles.
- Magnetic Brake: The R20’s resistance is controlled with an eddy current braking system. This frictionless magnetic system promotes quiet operation and longevity.
- Device Charger: This bike has a USB port to charge electronics drawing up to one amp.
- Water Bottle Holder: The Vision R20 bike frame has a convenient water bottle holder.
- High Capacity: This fitness machine has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Warranty: This exercise bike has a great warranty for the price. For residential use all parts and electronics are under warranty for five years and labor is free during the first two years. The frame has a lifetime guarantee.
The Vision R20 Recumbent Bike isn’t for everyone. Consider these potential drawbacks.
- Resistance: The R20 has a 23-pound flywheel. It can support great cardio workouts and toning, but for some riders it’s not enough of a challenge.
- Extra Costs: The Passport Player and Passport videos cost extra. Also, this bike uses a power cord instead of generating energy from the exercise sessions. Vision’s more expensive recumbent bikes can generate power from users’ activity to run the console.
Who Should Ride the Vision R20 Recumbent Bike?
The Vision R20 Recumbent Bike is a great choice whether you’re seeking durable basics or high-end features. Its programming choices are varied and the bike’s maximum 23-pound resistance suits anything from gentle rehab to intense weight loss sessions.
The Bottom Line
The Vision R20 is a top recumbent bike for home gyms. It can be suited for different households’ needs whether basic or luxurious, and it has a long warranty. Choose this ride for rehab, weight loss, cardiovascular exercise and toning the lower body.
Vision R20 Recumbent Bike Specs
|Console display||Extra-large LED|
|Resistance||ECB magnetic brake 1 - 20 Levels|
|Seat type||Breathable mesh seatback with lumbar support|
|Dimensions||62.5" L x 26" W x 54" H|