A Durable Indoor Bike with 35 Programs & 32 Resistance Levels
The Diamondback 910Sr Recumbent Bike offers comfortable rides with a wide range of challenge levels. This affordable yet reliable home fitness machine features 35 built-in programs, 32 resistance levels and wireless heart rate control.
The Diamondback 910Sr Recumbent Bike is Diamondback Fitness’s top recumbent bike for beginners to advanced trainees. It is durable and feature-rich, yet affordably priced for residential use. People choose this fitness machine for general cardiovascular training, strength training, calorie burn and rehabilitative exercise. It has a 32-pound flywheel that spins with quiet magnetic resistance.
The reclining 910Sr is designed to motivate with comfortable yet effective exercise. It’s loaded with 35 workouts and offers 32 resistance levels. These resistance levels are appropriate for everything from gentle rehabilitative strength training to intense rides that you can feel the next day. This unit is an upgrade to the Diamondback 510Sr Recumbent Bike, which offers much less tension at the upper levels.
The 910Sr’s regular price is $999 with shipping included. Judging from customer reviews, the vast majority of owners would recommend this bike to their friends. Here are some pros and cons about its features.
- Heavy Flywheel: This bike spins with a 40-pound flywheel. The above-average weight offers smooth and powerful resistance, and it helps product a sensation that’s something like riding an outdoor bike. With lighter drives, in contrast, riders could feel “out of gear” most of the time.
- Quiet Operation: Diamondback Fitness uses magnets to adjust the bike’s tension. The frictionless resistance system helps ensure this bike’s quiet operation.
- Adjustable Recumbent Seat: With a tall and supportive back, the Diamondback’s chair-like seat offers good lumbar support and overall stability. The backing is made from a mesh material for airflow and it’s reinforced with metal brackets. The seat is padded and can be adjusted to make the bike ergonomically correct for most trainees.
- Exercise Data: Session data and heart rate are shown on a multicolor screen. The LCD is partitioned to show multiple streams of data at once.
- Preset Fitness Programs: The console features 35 preset workouts, including heart rate control programs, for targeting a variety of fitness goals. Console buttons make adjusting the programs easy.
- Heart Rate Monitors: A wireless heart rate receiver and contact grips are both included. The pulse data can be used with heart rate workout programs, which adjust their intensity to keep trainees in a given target heart rate zone.
- Adjustable Console: The console and attached armrests can be tilted to accommodate trainees of different heights.
- Audio: Enjoy MP3s during workouts. An iPod-compatible jack and speakers are built into the 910Sr.
- Device Charger: The USB port can charge iPods, phones and other devices.
- Magazine Rack: This bike has a foldaway magazine rack.
- Water Bottle Holder: Diamondback calls it a “Premium Hydration Station,” which is clever marketing but maybe a bit much! An attached water bottle holder is optional.
- Cooling Fans: The bike includes three-speed cooling fans to promote endurance.
- High Capacity: The Diamondback 910Sr Recumbent Bike has a 325-pound user weight capacity.
- Warranty: This bike has an acceptable warranty. It provides fives years of coverage for the frame, two years for most parts, and a year of labor. Wear parts are only covered for 90 days.
Most owners of the Diamondback 910Sr would recommend it to a friend. Even so, here are some potential drawbacks.
- Not for Short People: For people 5′ 3″ and under, the pedals on Diamondback Fitness recumbent bikes might be placed too far away.
- Assembly: This machine could easily take a few hours to assemble. The assembly process is awkward because sometimes the bike needs to be moved into odd positions.
- Large Size: Recumbent bikes take up more space than upright bikes do. The base here measures 64″ L x 23″ W.
Who Should Ride the Diamondback 910Sr Recumbent Bike?
The Bottom Line
The Diamondback 910Sr Recumbent Bike is one of the best options in its price category. It features smooth operation, light to heavy resistance, and plenty of built-in workout apps. Highly recommended!
Diamondback 910Sr Recumbent Bike Specs:
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||50" L x 23" W x 64" H|