BH Fitness LK500IC
See below for the best alternative model.
How We Reviewed This Model
The good-looking BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle is the simpler spin bike in its lineup. It provides the same amount of challenge as the pricier LK700IC, but it’s smaller and has a more limited warranty. Like any indoor bike, the LK500IC is designed to replicate the sensation of outdoor bicycling. Its 50-pound flywheel is a great start. Plus, riders control the bike with a resistance lever and get SPD compatible pedals. Racer handlebars allow for diverse grip positions and have fore/aft adjustment to help almost any rider get a comfortable fit. Besides all that, the LK500IC has a data screen and wireless heart rate monitor.
This bike is built to handle heavy use at commercial gyms. It’s sold with three warranties: commercial, light commercial and residential. The commercial warranty allows for daily use exceeding eight hours.
Is this the best indoor bike for your workout room? Here are lists of pros and cons.
BH Fitness equipment is a staple in commercial fitness centers worldwide. Here are reasons shoppers choose the BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle.
- Looks Good: This spin bike is painted a shiny red and has a fiery accent across the flywheel housing.
- Resistance: The LK500IC offers an especially smooth ride courtesy of a 50-pound flywheel. Most spin bikes have 40 pound flywheels.
- Exercise Data: A small computer has a watts meters and shows RPM, calories, distance, pulse and time.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The LK500IC Indoor Cycle has a wireless heart rate receiver that’s compatible with Polar chest straps. Heart rate control is built into the machine too.
- SPD Pedals: Which do you prefer? The dual-sided bike pedals have toe cages and SPD compatibility.
- Racing Handlebars: Racing-style handlebars let riders take different grips. The handlebars have fore/aft adjustment to help the bike fit different body types.
- Water Bottle Holder: To make hydration convenient, a bottle holder is attached to the bike.
- Transportation Wheels: Attached wheels make this cycle trainer easy to move.
- Sturdy: The BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle weighs 112 pounds and has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Compact: Like most indoor cycle trainers, this unit doesn’t demand much space. Its footprint measures just 46” x 20”, but it is 59” tall. The BH Fitness website has an interactive room planner to help you figure out how to arrange their spin bikes and other fitness equipment.
- Warranties: The BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle is sold with commercial, light commercial and residential warranties. The frame has lifetime coverage in each. Parts are covered for three, four or 10 years depending on setting and use. Commercial and light commercial buyers get one year of free labor, and residential buyers get two years. However, as noted in the next list, part of the warranty raises a red flag.
Here are possible disadvantages of choosing the BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle.
- Computer Warranty: The resistance lever on this machine is connected to the computer, letting a trainee easily see the level. However, this system is only under warranty for 30 days.
- Basic Seat: The seat doesn’t have the gel cushioning that many riders would prefer. However, it is adjustable both vertically and horizontally.
- No Extras: Like most spin bikes, this model doesn’t provide workout guidance. Adjusting the resistance is up to the rider, with the exception of using heart rate control.
Who Should Ride the BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle?
The BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle is meant for high-impact, high-intensity workouts. It can support beginners with calorie burn and lighter muscle toning, but it can exert up to 50 pounds of resistance for elite athletes. This bike’s seating and handlebars are micro-adjustable to fit most adults. It can hold up to 300 pounds.
The Bottom Line
The BH Fitness LK500IC Indoor Cycle spins quietly and offers more resistance than almost any indoor bike on the market. Still, there seems to be a risk: The manual resistance system is tied to the data screen, and that connection is only under warranty for 30 days. This seems suspicious given the generosity that BH Fitness warranties are known for. Thus we recommend instead the LK700IC or a spin bike from another brand such as Keiser.
BH Fitness LK500IC Specs
|Dimensions||48.43" L x 19.88" W x 48.62" H|