An Air Bike with Programs for Total Body Training
The Diamondback Assault Airbike is designed for almost anyone seeking full-body training. It can fit a wide range of heights -- and the bike will never be “outgrown” because its programming is flexible and the resistance is potentially infinite! The Assault Airbike is a top choice for cardio training, weight loss and sculpting the whole body. It may also be useful in physical therapy.
The Diamondback Assault Upright Stationary Airbike is a hit! With smooth air-based resistance and moving arm bars, the Assault Airbike can support gentle, moderate or intense workouts for the whole body. Pedaling this bike strengthens legs, hips and buttocks. Moving the handlebars trains arms, shoulders and chest. Whatever intensity level is pursued, the motion is easy on joints. Diamondback describes this bike as appropriate for everyone from children to elite athletes and elderly trainees.
A great perk: No maintenance required! The Assault Airbike is industrial strength. It’s designed to power through hundreds of thousands of trouble-free hours in a commercial gym, physical therapy clinic or home setting.
We rate the Diamondback Assault Airbike a top buy for people working on cardio fitness, weight loss and/or head-to-toe body toning. The $999 list price includes a five-year frame warranty and two-year parts and electronics warranty. Part by part, here’s our review.
- Sturdy Build: Weighing more than 100 pounds, the Diamondback Assault Airbike boasts a good-looking steel and chrome frame. Its bearings are all sealed and the frame is under warranty for five years.
- Full Body Workouts: Efficient exercise is a great motivator. Burn calories and get fit very quickly! Besides being a bike, the Diamondback Assault Airbike is an upper body trainer. Its movable handlebars can be used to add more cardio intensity to bike workouts while toning the arms, chest, shoulders and back.
- Unlimited Resistance: It can be gentle or it can be a drill sergeant. This bike becomes more challenging depending on user effort. This is one reason it’s a “bike for everyone.” Diamondback advertises the Assault Airbike for children, elite athletes, elderly people, military members and more.
- Workout Programs: Preset programs make it easy to exercise at a certain heart rate level, do interval training, or meet a goal for distance, calorie burn or time. A large data window clearly shows time, distance, speed, RPM, watts and pulse. (Chest strap required.)
- Heart Rate Monitoring: A wireless heart rate receiver is included. Polar wireless chest straps transmitters are sold separately. Quiet Operation: With air resistance, the Diamondback AssaultUpright Stationary Airbike sounds like a cooling fan when running. It is quiet enough to use without disturbing others.
- Low-Impact: This bike can deliver incredibly intense workout sessions. Even so, the exercise isn’t jarring to the body. Trainees have likened the low-impact motion of the Diamondback Assault Upright Stationary Airbike to that of well-made elliptical trainers.
- Comfortable Adjustable Seat: Diamondback did a nice job of keeping different customers in mind. The Assault Airbike is very adjustable so that tall and short riders don’t feel awkward. The bike seat can be moved up and down, and it tilts too.
- Can Replace Seat: Most customers find the seat comfortable. If you disagree, you can add a gel cover or replace it with a seat from another bike brand.
- Assembly: The airbike uses simple yet brilliant technology. Some customers report assembling the unit in just 20 minutes. Tip: Watching an instructional YouTube video can help make the process speedy.
- Warranty: New owners get five years of frame protection and two years of parts protection.
The Diamondback Assault Airbike gets almost 100% positive customer reviews. In the odd event that a product is defective, customer service is reportedly helpful. One problem we’ve noticed though is a wobbly seat; some owners have been slightly bothered by bike saddles that won’t stay tightened.
Who Should Ride the Diamondback Assault Upright Stationary Airbike?
The Bottom Line
The Diamondback Assault Airbike is a made-for-everyone fitness machine. Extremely durable and fairly priced, we highly recommend investing in the Assault Airbike for residential, light commercial or commercial use.
Diamondback Assault Airbike Specs:
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||50.9" L x 23.3" W x 48.4" H|